Job Description-Service Advisor
All employees must adhere to the below Company Values:
D evelops employees and/or self through continuous training
R espects and keeps promises to customers and coworkers
I ntently listens to understand customer and co-worker needs
V alues honestly, transparency, and consistency in all of our dealings
E xemplifies Brand Persona (professional, sensitive, knowledgeable, resourceful, reliable, and transparent)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Applicants must be 18 years or older and be authorized to work in the U.S., have a valid driver license and professional appearance.
To uphold the legal and financial well-being of the company while taking on the roll as a customer advocate in each and every step of the service process. The Service Advisor is responsible to professionally and ethically follow each step of the service process; to oversee and execute documentation, make recommendations, pricing, selling, dispatching, communication, and team work to ensure all customer needs and commitments are met above all. Also responsible to ensure that the vehicle is repaired or serviced correctly the first time, with repair costs being transparent, well communicated, and accepted by the responsible party creating a final delivery with a future commitment that will “WOW” the customer and retain them as a Garff customer through the ownership cycle.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Greet all customers promptly and professionally.
• Gather all necessary vehicle information while performing a walk around inspection.
• Gather all pertinent customer information for documentation, communication, and scheduling purposes through preferencing.
• Determine customer’s primary concern or need first then review additional maintenance needs.
• Take any additional action needed to verify condition including road test.
• Offer a no cost vehicle condition inspection to each and every customer.
• Establish and maintain great customer relationships that encourage repeat and referral business.
• Give fair, competitive, transparent price quotes, documented, with the customer and dealership’s best interest in mind.
• Handle all customer complaints immediately and resolve to the customer’s satisfaction.
• Determine labor hours, parts and labor cost on each repair before dispatching repair to technician.
• Schedule all incoming and future appointments in dealer- socket or DMS.
• Educate customers about on-line appointment capability.
• Communicate with each customer in a fashion that leaves them feeling comfortable and informed every time.
• Provide an active delivery and explanation of work and charges that leaves NO unanswered questions or concerns.
• Maintain CSI at or above designated standards.
• Meet dealership’s standards for repair/order production.
Follow Safeguards rules and regulations.
• Quality-check completed jobs.
• Ensure that customers' service files are up-to-date and are readily available for reference.
• Work as a team player and uphold the company’s standards of professionalism and integrity.
• Maintain a clean organized work area.
• Apply high standards of employee conduct which include reliability, promptness, courtesy, appearance, and professional behavior.
• Must be able to put forth the best interest of the business and customer above their own.
• At least one year automotive retail service consultant experience preferred.
• Reynolds & Reynolds DMS knowledge – preferred but not required.
• ASE Certificate (C1) – preferred but not required.
• Proven track record.
• Strong record of positive customer satisfaction results.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Team oriented.
• Valid in-state driver’s license with good driving record.
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Must have at least one year of previous experience as a Service Advisor.
• Must be skilled at listening, problem solving and communicating orally.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of automobiles and repair work.
• Must have computer experience including ADP and Reynolds & Reynolds.
• Submit to and successfully complete MVR, background check, and pre-employment drug test.
The Service Advisor will work at a desk which is typically enclosed in the service department garage. S/he will be exposed to noise, vibration, paint, dust, exhaust fumes, and other hazardous and nonhazardous materials. S/he will move about the service area to work with the service advisors and technicians. S/he will crawl under cars and get in and out of cars to inspect work completed.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the Company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job and to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances dictate.
I have carefully read and understand the contents of this Job Description. I understand the responsibilities, requirements and duties expected of me. I also understand that this Job Description does not constitute a contract of employment nor alter my status as an at-will employee. I have the right to terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, and the Company has the same right.
Ken Garff Auto Group - 20 months ago