Human Resources Manager
(Union Experience & Bilingual English/Spanish)
Location: Commerce, CA
Keywords: HR Experience with Safety Programs & Bakery Union Environment
Administers and coordinates the employment of employee relations’ function as assigned. Assists with the data entry, and services related to the collection, distribution, maintenance, and filing of all Human Resources and employees’ records, documents, and statistics. Supports with employee recruitment, hiring, and benefits enrollment processes. Provides support in all aspects of Human Resources and Safety issues. Manages Workers’ Compensation issues. Assists the Vice President of Human Resources on special projects and keeps him informed on employee issues.
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
Essential Duties These duties directly and substantially serve to achieve the purpose of the position.
I. Personnel Records and Data Entry
Ensures that all personnel records and files are updated.
Keeps all records and information confidential.
B ackfills for payroll when necessary.
II. Employment and Company Benefits & Programs
1. Prepares and processes all new hire or termination documentation ensuring that documents have all the necessary information.
2. Manages the New Hire Orientation process and ensures that information is updated as necessary.
3. A ssists employees preparing company benefits documents and processes employee enrollment in company programs such as health insurance, COBRA, 401(k), etc.
4. Processes all hourly and salaried employees documents concerning company benefits enrollment and changes, ensuring that payroll receives completed documents in a timely manner.
5. Manages LOA, FMLA, vacation, sick, according to company policy.
III. Recruiting and Hiring
1. Ensures that the job bid process is followed and managed.
2. Assists management in recruiting for select positions
3. Manages the temporary agency to ensure effectiveness
1. Maintains and updates OSHA 300 logs
2. Reports injuries to Workers Compensation carrier in a timely manner.
3. Leads Safety Committee and manages safety initiatives
4. Manages the System training program and ensures that management is trained to conduct monthly safety training
1. Enforce and review company policies/procedures.
2. Advise managers and team leaders on disciplinary action procedures
3. Investigate employee issues
4. Other duties not specified in this job description, but will be required and requested by management.
Safety, Benefits (enrollment, open enrollment), Recruitment, Orientation (new hire and separation), Training management (EE and management), Workers’ Compensation management (injury report, carrier reporting, clinic follow-up, mod duty management, OSHA log maintenance), Event coordinating, Policy implementation and management, personnel file maintenance, Green Team initiative coordinating, bus strategy, employee relations, I-9 maintenance, leave management
D. EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS REQUIRED
E. EMPLOYEES SUPERVISED
- 2 years of college preferred
- Five years of Human Resources experience
- Excellent oral ability and written communication skills
- Two years minimum PC data entry experience.
- Word-processing experience (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc) desirable.
- English/Spanish bilingual (read, speak and write)
***Please email your resume with Salary History***