Responsible for the development of engineering specifications and cost estimates of original and customer design concepts for special ultrasonic, vibration welding, or hot plate plastic welding fixtures (tools) and equipment or the modification or alteration of standard machines and equipment used in the manufacture of customer products.
1. Work as a team member with the Automotive Account Specialist to ensure proper feasibility and up front engineering on projects.
2. Coordinate all debug and run off activities as well as customer relevant engineering and service issues.
3. Research and develop original design concepts, materials, specifications, utilization of purchased components and units, cost estimates, and negotiate sell price recommendations accounting for project risks and gross profit requirements for approval.
4. Responsible for layout drawings and details. Track on-time commitments and delivery ensuring cost control.
5. Provide engineering assistance on the procurements, machining, and construction of machines and fixtures, the installation, initial to final trial runs and customer acceptance.
6. Monitor the mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic designs to assure customer specifications, safety, product liability, and OSHA criteria are met.
7. Provide engineering assistance to Tool Engineering and Design on tooling, putting machines in operation, modification against specifications, maintenance, repairs, and services.
8. Provide and maintain in house engineering documentation for fixtures and equipment.
9. Perform special assignments as determined by the Project Engineering Manager.
BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
Requires 5-8 years experience in fixture design and toolmaking. Knowledge of polymers and plastics applications along with a working knowledge of hydraulic circuits, industrial pneumatics, and electrical fundamentals. Requires good verbal and written communication skills. Position may require some overnight travel.
Emerson - 19 months ago