As a Dispatcher /Scheduler with Terracon you will take phones phone calls, schedule work, review timecards and paperwork, equipment maintenance, and training/certification records.
Reports to: Department Manager and/or Office Manager
Position Supervises: none
To be successful as a Dispatcher/Scheduler within Terracon, we require previous construction industry and office experience including:
· Portland Cement Concrete
· Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA)
· Special Inspections
· Microsoft Office and MS Project
· Complete safety orientation program.
· Abide by safety and personal protective equipment policies.
· Demonstrate safe work practices and avoid unsafe behaviors.
· Drive defensively, avoid preventable accidents and always wear a seat belt.
· Attend regularly scheduled safety training.
· Report all unsafe conditions to your Supervisor.
May perform other duties as assigned.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may be required to drive, often hundreds of miles per day. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· Basic math skills.
· Ability to clearly communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to read maps and follow directions.
· Participate in the medical monitoring program, if required.
· Ability to use Office software and hardware critical to requirements of the position
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Construction Industry / Office experience in similar role required
Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history (unless other arrangements have been approved by Division Manager and Corporate).
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
In our efforts to maintain a safe and drug-free workplace, Terracon requires that candidates complete a satisfactory criminal background check and pass a drug screen prior to employment.
**No Recruiters/Agencies Please**
Employee-owned Terracon Consultants provides geotechnical, environmental, construction material evaluation, pavement engineering and...