Washtenaw Community College is looking for a Testing Center Assistant. Hours are during the day on week days. This position will greet students and administer computer, paper, and pencil examinations. The Assistant will distribute test materials and describe to students the testing process. Students need not apply.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check in students and describe the testing process to examinees.
- Proctor computer, paper and pencil examinations.
- Regulate flow of students into the testing area and direct students to counseling after their testing session.
- Provide assistance to students who may have difficulties using the computerized testing format.
- Print student test score reports at the end of each student’s testing session, and maintain files with testing records for each student tested.
- Start up and close down all the computer stations using established protocols at the beginning and end of operation hours.
- Ensure a welcoming, non-threatening environment for examinees.
- Introduce students to college services and entry assessment information.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Manager.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
- Equivalent of two (2) years experience in a position where the candidate demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A keen desire to deliver excellent customer services for all our clients. A positive, friendly, and enthusiastic attitude.
- Familiarity with computers and/or computerized assessment testing, with ability to perform essential operations (scrolling, limited keyboarding, printing, start-up and shutdown of computers) and troubleshoot basic technical problems.
- Possess good judgment, resourcefulness, and a high degree of discretion in handling confidential test score information and protected proctor passwords.
- Good organizational skills to help the testing process run efficiently.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Students need not apply.