Manages the staff that plans and implements approved projects.
Ensures all One IT projects meet budget, schedule and scope requirements.
Manages continuous improvement for project management.
Responsible for project management continuous improvement process and ensures training takes place with all PM’s.
- Provides leadership to all project managers on best practices in the following areas:
- Project governance and planning
- Project activities, schedule and responsibilities
- Communication Management
- Quality Management
- Risk and Issue Management
- Resource Management
- Scope Management
- Vendor/Contract Management – ordering of vendor products/services as needed
- Benefit Management
- People Change Management
- Manages development and enforcement of project management standard practices.
- Evaluates reports on project status, including progress and resource deployment and makes adjustments as needed.
- Monitors major risks across all projects – coordinates management of escalated
- Coordinates with Resource Management on project staffing .
- Provides executive/stakeholder communication on major projects and issues.
- Travels as required to manage phases of projects.
- Ensures the quality and success of the project deliverables and is accountable for managing risks and issues that come up.
- Ensures all PMs deliver projects on time, within budget and within planned scope.
- Leads post-project audits with EPMO staff and management.
- Develops project specialization requirements and plan to develop PM’s in these specialties.
- Manages PM staff operations and performs hiring , career development, and mentoring of PM staff
- Coordinates PM continuous improvement activities with other One IT functions and MBOs/business areas.
- Subject matter expert for major projects and programs as needed.
- Periodically leads a major project as requirements and time dictate.
- Provides guidance to PM’s across all projects as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related technical field required.
- 7+ years of project management experience required.
- 3+ years experience managing other PM staff is required.
- Experience with healthcare applications (Lawson, Cerner,
- Meditech) required.
- Healthcare industry experience is strongly preferred.
- 8-10 years of total IT/project management experience required.
- May substitute an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with leading implementation of project management best practices and frameworks such as PMI or CMM is required.
- Must possess PMI certification.
- Completion of CHI project management certification course to use CHI project
- management methodology and tools in first six months is required.
- Managed implementations of large scale complex projects and programs.
- Deep experience in all of the project management disciplines described in the Responsibilities – General section of this profile is required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project is required.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience leading large project teams is required.
- Communicates with EPMO management and
stakeholders regarding project status and issues.
- Ensure activities are well coordinated across CTO and Application functions as needed for projects
- Manages project purchasing requirements with Client and Vendor management group and associated technical specialists in One IT as needed
- Coordinates work of PM III’s in harvesting project leading practices and key learnings to improve performance of future projects
- Directs PM III’s on developing continuous improvement training for all PM’s
- Coordinates with other One IT functions and MBOs/business areas on cross-functional continuous improvement education to improve future project performance results.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers. CBCHI
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
Catholic Health Initiatives - 19 months ago
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996...