The Position and Challenge:
ASSET Engineering seeks a Marketing Engineer with a minimum of ten years of actual electrical design or related experience in high and medium voltage power generation, transmission, and distribution systems. The team that the successful candidate will join is in Canton, MS. If you have a degree in Electrical Engineering, already possess basic (or more) experience in our field, have grasp of protection and control concepts and electric substation design, enjoy meeting client prospects and building relationships, and hold a demonstrated track record in the sales and marketing of engineering services, then you are likely a fit for ASSET Engineering.
Canton is located in Madison County, Mississippi, which features award winning schools, nearby watersports at Ross Barnett Reservoir, ample outdoor recreation opportunities, amenities of larger metropolitan areas with close-in commutes and close-knit neighborhoods. Canton is the Madison County seat, and is just north of Jackson, the state capital.
- Identify new client prospects within existing utility, public power, industrial , and contractor markets, building relationships, demonstrating company value through ongoing contact.
- Identify new markets for ASSET electrical consulting work within and bordering on present company competency.
- Identify geographic areas for expansion.
- Assist client prospects to define consulting workscopes.
- Prepare technical and commercial proposal for services with estimating and oversight support from company principals.
- Provide technical support in the development of ASSET proposals, which will include application engineering, writing of equipment performance specifications, rudimentary design and drawing development, and review of equipment quotations.
- Develop and organize ASSET-led presentations at professional and trade organization meetings and continuing education classes.
- Participation in decision-making and activities related to company branding, local and engineering community involvement and benevolence, and social media.
- Other technical marketing and employee recruiting duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering from a U.S. accredited college or university
- Minimum ten years relevant experience with electrical power systems
- Working knowledge of electrical power systems and protective relaying
- Proficient speaking and writing skills
- Willing to travel frequently (30% of weekdays with extremely rare weekend travel duties) for client meetings, presentations, and occasional project site visits
- Background check results satisfactory to ASSET
- Negative drug test results
- All of the above AND
- Experienced in protection and control design, electrical system studies, and development of relay setting for GE and SEL relays
- Professional engineering license holder
- Experience being a part of project teams
To Apply For This Position:
We ask all candidates to submit their resume by replying to this posting. If your qualifications and experience match any of our current openings, please submit your resume for that position so that you may be considered immediately.
ASSET Engineering is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
ASSET Engineering was founded in year 2000, and provides electrical system design and studies services to industrial, public power, utility, and contractor clients. With our associate firms, we furnish comprehensive design services including civil, structural, mechanical, and testing services.
ASSET Engineering employees enjoy an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, accident, and life insurance for all regular full-time employees and subsidy for employee purchase of coverage for family members; flexible spending account; education assistance program; Simple IRA Plan; incentive plan based on company financial performance and individual contribution; and a family-friendly, genial, and social work environment.