You will use your energy, enthusiasm and product knowledge to tour model apartments, conduct site tours, demonstrate unit features and community amenities to secure new leases. You will utilize and refine your excellent communication skills and sales ability via phone and in person in responding to prospective residents as well as renewing current residents for additional lease terms. In addition, you will maintain your product knowledge by educating yourself about our competition and knowing the demographics of your property's market area. Sharing your skills, you will train, direct and supervise on-site associates in all leasing paperwork and techniques. Administrative responsibilities include posting rental payments, invoice processing, completing and reviewing new lease and renewal paperwork and preparing the month end closing.
- Maintain an excellent customer service relationship by adhering to the Gables 10 Pledges
of Customer Service
- Adhere to the Gables Standard Operating Procedures
- Communicate effectively with other associates to ensure cooperation between departments and communities
- Assist in achieving the highest possible net operating income through the implementation
of effective cost control and revenue improvement programs
- Receives and collects all rent and cash receipts in accordance with company standards
- Provides clerical and phone support
- Reviews, and approves Statements of Deposit Accounts, ensuring all statements are
completed timely in accordance with state law and that all charges are
necessary and accurate as stated on the Move Out Inspection Report, and company
- Prepares and delivers all legal and formal notices, including but not limited to late
notices, change in term notices, and notices of violation of community
Standards and Regulations, in accordance state law and company standards
- Demonstrates the ability to resolve resident complaints and directs pertinent issues and
matters to the Community Manager
- Effectively monitor all income, including delinquencies
- Set renewal rates for Community Manager’s approval; Prepare and coordinate renewal
letters for residents
- Inputs all cash receipts to appropriate income accounts in InSite and prepares and
generates a list of deposit receipts and amounts in accordance with company
- Monitor and ensure the timely receipt and reconciliation of rent collections and ensure
landlord/tenant statues are followed
- Responsible for collection, posting and depositing of all rental payments
- Completes all InSite computer sessions including, Applicant Move-Ins/Outs, Rent
Increases/Lease Expirations, Lease Renewals, EOM processing and other InSite
processes in accordance with operational manual and company policies and
- Initiates all necessary evictions, preparing copies, and forwarding all appropriate
paperwork for legal evictions, or other legal proceedings, ensuring all
eviction and legal proceedings are followed through to completion
- Ensure that the community office is organized and runs smoothly pursuant to company
standards in the absence of the Community Manager
- Responsible for checking all new lease files for completion and accuracy in advance of
final review by Community Manager
- Adhere to daily, weekly and monthly computer reporting requirements
- Understand and operate the company’s software programs and maintain accurate data files
- Adhere to established company standards for screening applicants for residency
- Evaluate and recommend changes on rent/pricing strategies, and ensure websites and
printed material are up to date and accurate
- Enforce resident retention and service request follow-up programs
- Implement and monitor Gables Great Rewards Program
- Communicate effectively with owners, residents, vendors and on-site associates
- Promote and teach safe work practices among on-site staff and ensure all safety
programs are implemented and followed
- Conducts resident move-out in accordance with state law and company standards
- Maintains all account records and transactions including NSF’s, rent allowances,
concessions, rent increases and other management approved debits and credits
- Ensures the timely collections of all rent receipts through the preparation and
distribution of delinquency reports to the Community Manager
- Othertasks or duties as assigned by supervisor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty well. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- A high school education or equivalent is required. A college degree is suggested, but not required.
- The position requires the ability to read and write English fluently, the ability to accurately perform intermediate mathematical functions and the ability to understand and perform all on-site resident management software functions.
A minimum of two years experience in residential property management or a related field is required.
The position requires the ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. Due to the property staffing limitations, it is extremely critical that individuals be able to work their scheduled hours on a consistent basis and, if necessary, overtime hours when requested. The position requires the ability to serve on-call, as scheduled or as necessary. Travel may be required at times to attend various company gatherings either in the general vicinity of the associates home property, or in another state.
A valid driver's license and current automobile insurance is required. Position requires individuals to furnish their own vehicle to fulfill all of the job's functions.
The position requires excellent skills in the management and motivation of people and the ability to communicate effectively with residents, prospects, and vendors. In addition, the position requires, but is not limited to, the following:
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize wisely
- Strong customer service orientation
- Good understanding of sales and marketing concepts and the ability to develop, implement, and evaluate marketing plans
- Knowledge of on-site maintenance requirements including dealing with vendors and contractors
- Ability to close a sale
Learning and Development
- Minimum of basic knowledge of computers
- Ability to use Outlook
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Minimum of basic Internet knowledge
- Ability to operate and understand personal computer functions and company utilized software packages
Maintain a commitment to ongoing professional development and career growth.
Associate must wear career apparel based on defined company standards.
An Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V.
Lion Gables Residential Trust (LGRT) is a privately-owned real estate investment trust (REIT) that owns, develops, and manages apartment...