Essilor of America, Inc. (Essilor), is the leading manufacturer and wholesaler of prescription lenses in the United States.
We currently have a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) career opportunity at our Atlanta, GA location.
The role of the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) is to partner strategically and proactively with senior leadership to translate business objectives into effective and reasonable organizational solutions and outcomes, to assist in the alignment of the organization towards business strategy, to ensure the right talent with the right skills are in place at the right time, and to continuously ensure that the level of resources within business units are aligned appropriately to meet ever-changing business needs.
• Understand the business unit supported and translate business strategies and objectives into long-term, systemic organizational and people initiatives that support the overarching strategy;
• Partner with and coach business leadership to facilitate organizational and cultural change;
• Coach business leaders on best practices of building an effective team in conjunction with the appropriate HR expertise;
• Facilitate the creation of strong communication plans to ensure clarity, understanding, and alignment for business unit initiatives;
• Act as a catalyst for building organizational effectiveness within assigned business unit;
• Influence, advise and support the cultural and people aspects of the organization that drive improvements in business efficiency through flexible plans for growth;
• Build management capability that supports an open, inclusive, values-based environment;
• Build the capability and expectation of the role of senior leaders in talent management;
• Work closely with business unit leaders to identify and develop future staffing and talent needs and plans to ensure talent is readily available
• Define and implement strategies that support the development of the talent pipeline/bench through Talent Management and Succession Planning activities in close collaboration with the Leadership Development Team;
• Partner with HR Engagement and Expert teams to equip business unit leaders with appropriate tools and knowledge to effectively manage their team in alignment with their short term and long-term business and people plans;
• Work closely with HR Engagement Partners and other Core HR functions to identify trends affecting the business and develop plans to address them.
• Analyze needs assessments to identify training needs for the client group, as well as individual coaching needs. Participate in evaluation and monitoring of the success of training programs. Provide follow-up support to ensure goals that are agreed upon as part of the management coaching are being maintained on an on-going basis.
• Develop and execute shared talent objectives with senior leaders and to assess year over year progress.
• A minimum of seven to ten years of HR generalist experience required, preferably including some HR management level experience working with senior leaders of an organization
• Bachelors in Business Administration / Human Resources or related fields required.
• Masters Degree strongly preferred
• SPHR or PHR certification required within 1 year of employment
• Must possess sound judgment and strong business acumen
• Demonstrated ability to successfully partner with business unit leadership to develop and implement human resources strategies
• Must possess the ability to manage complex organizational issues and competing priorities effectively
• Possess managerial courage; proactive in effectively introducing alternative perspectives
• Excellent consulting skills including the ability to develop alternatives to meet business priorities
• Ability to embrace, lead, and manage change
• Well-developed collaboration, teambuilding, and influencing skills
• Excellent leadership, project management, communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to operate in a positive, helpful and proactive manner
• Viewed as credible with demonstrated ability to inspire trust throughout the organization