With a growing stable of innovative clients spanning consumer and enterprise technology products and services, Waggener Edstrom is looking to hire an Account Manager to join our San Francisco office. We work with major brands like T-Mobile, HTC, Siemens, Honeywell and Toshiba; highly successful mid-sized companies like Move Inc/Realtor.com and Aruba Networks; and exciting startups looking to break into the big leagues in Silicon Valley.
This is an exciting opportunity for an Account Manager to join a growing practice. In addition to acting as the day-to-day lead on one to two of our existing clients, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to help shape the future of the practice by contributing to our business development efforts.
A solid b2c and b2b technology background is a must. Experience in the mobile industry is preferred.
• Provide strategic counsel to executive-level clients.
• Manage, maintain and grow client relationships.
• Assure internal and external stakeholders are aligned.
• Manage and negotiate scope of work and make recommendations.
• Drive strategic communication planning process.
• Collaborate with other business leads to integrate and drive best results for all parties.
• Oversee team financial and resource management issues and track team utilization.
• Assess & qualify new and organic growth opportunities.
• Contribute to agency strategic planning initiatives. Educate & oversee team on cross agency activity.
• Strong understanding of PR competitive landscape and the ability to inform, educate and influence clients on WE value add relative to competing communication agencies.
• Mentor and motivate staff with the goal of retention and development.
• Partner with Human Resources to manage employee relations issues.
• Assure team is cross-trained to be able to “plug and play” and have a broad understanding of other businesses.
• Manage up and educate Account Directors, VP’s and above on crisis issues, account health and client/team satisfaction.
• Oversee resource allocation across team including staffing/hiring new talent.
• Model and hold team accountable to demonstrating agency values.
• Manage, maintain and grow relationships with key, senior level media and analysts.
• Ability to detect and mitigate possible issues, conflicts and disruptions in the business.
• Coach team and broader account staff on agency “best practices” in successfully engaging with influentials.
• Conceive and tell strategic stories apart from client business milestones.
• Solicit feedback from influentials regarding their perception of your client/s, their competition and their position in the industry. Use this to inform actions.
• Bachelor’s degree or above in communications, journalism or related field preferred
• At least 5 years of experience in PR, preferably in an agency setting and/or within the high tech industry.
• At least 3 years managing a client relationship
• At least 2 years of experience managing individuals or a team
• Demonstrated understanding of what the media values
• Has established influencer relationships and has proactively placed stories
• Strong social media/digital communications acumen.
• Worked under client and influential deadlines
• Conducted press meetings and/or led a press tour
• Enterprise software industry experience is highly desired.
• Business development experience preferred.
• A “work hard/play hard” spirit a must!
- 3 years ago - save job
Every innovation starts with a big idea, but it’s how you tell its story that makes an impact. That’s where we come in. From planning...