This is not only the capital of the state of Washington, it is also the center for ministry to kids in Thurston County. It is a multi-faceted area with three distinct communities -- North Thurston, Olympia and Tumwater. Greater Olympia Young Life has a long history.
- Spiritual leadership of the area.
- Develop area vision and strategic plan.
- Facilitate adult/committee development and leadership.
- Recruit, train, supervise and build a community of leaders.
- Ability to start/pioneer new ministries.
- Facilitate a TDS (Taking Donors Seriously) fund-raising plan.
- Participate in dynamic direct ministry.
- A strong, growing spiritual life is a must.
- Young Life background required; prior Young Life employment is not required, but would be a huge asset.
- Applicable experience required.
- The applicant must have both solid kid skills and ability to engage with adults.
- Someone with government city experience preferred.
- Successful applicant must be able to work very well with adult community.
- Must have ability to work with local churches.
- Medical, dental and vision coverage.
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- 401(k) matching plan.
- Pension contributions.
- Health club benefits.
- Best regional training in the mission.
- Focused, caring supervision.
Greater Olympia has ministry at two local high schools. There is also a WyldLife ministry at one local middle school. There is opportunity for ministry at two more local high schools.
How To Apply:
Please fill out the online application via the link below. You may also attach your resume at the end of the application. Your application will be sent to the Human Resources department and also the Western Washington Young Life Regional Office. We will follow up with a phone interview if applicable.