Financial Analyst 3
A leader in aviation and aviation training products is looking for the best to journey with us into the future of navigation!
For more than 75 years, Jeppesen, a Boeing subsidiary, has made it possible for pilots and their passengers to safely and efficiently reach their destinations.
We are the world’s leading provider of aeronautical data, and are combining our company’s enduring spirit of innovation with a legacy of leadership in aviation to deliver 21 st century navigation and optimization solutions. We have now expanded into the Marine and Rail industries, and are rapidly growing on a global scale!
At Jeppesen, we believe in a balance between personal growth and professional development. We hire the best to grow our company’s future. Visit our website to learn more about Jeppesen’s pioneering spirit, and to apply for our open positions.
Financial Analyst provides financial reporting to members of the business unit (BU) or service unit (SU) and Finance including analysis, performance reporting and decision support. Position is involved with all phases of planning, forecasting, financial control and modeling.
· Supports the Long Range Business Planning (LRBP) and budget processes for the BU/SU.
o Develops the initial LRBP and budget from prior year trends, data, and reviews with BU/SU leader and profit and loss managers for input and validation of assumptions.
· Completes entry and submissions to meet Finance deadlines and identifies opportunities/risks to plan and for submission to the corporate O&R.
· Reviews and analyzes accounting source documents to ensure that transactions are correctly classified according to Company practices and accounting principles, theories, concepts and regulatory requirements.
· Reviews, analyzes, and maintains cost performance measurement baselines and variance analyses. Defines and communicates cost trends and quantifies cost risk for management attention/action
· Analyzes monthly financial results in comparison with the budget and forecast. Uses historical trends and current information to project monthly financial results.
· Reviews budget change requests (BCR’s) affecting business unit or service unit budgets for approval if the criteria for change is met and reports financial results against the adjusted budget figures.
· Maintains database of capital projects for Boeing Corporation and prepares reports on project spending
· Participates in analyst team meetings, month end accounting close analyses, 10 day reporting budget/LRBP reviews, O&R reviews, Accelerated Improvement Workshops and other related activities to provide financial perspective on issues. Works with accounting to manage accruals and other journal entries
· Attains proficiency in Excel-based TM1 reporting tool for forecasting and reporting of financial information.
· Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance or a related field of study and 3-5 years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Understanding of the principles of financial analysis and their applicability to budgeting and reporting
- Strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint software for analysis and presentation of information
- Ability to work independently to plan, schedule, and execute assignments in a manner that accomplishes the objectives and meets the stated deadlines.
- Experience in working successfully with others in a collaborative manner to achieve team objectives.
- Jeppesen offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options, including 401(k) with company match.
- All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification.
Jeppesen is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Jeppesen - 20 months ago
This company helps map the way for pilots, mariners, and railway engineers. Jeppesen Sanderson is a leading publisher of navigation charts,...