Federal Government Administrative Support (Job Number: 322071)
SAIC has a career opportunity for a Talent Management Assistant and Administrative Support person located in Washington DC. The candidate chosen for this position will become a full time employee of SAIC. Require that a candidate is familiar with GPPA - General Personnel Processing Act. MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH A FEDERAL/CIVILIAN GOVERNMENT AGENCY.
We are looking for a Human Resources Assistant to assist OHR staff with transactional processing and basic HR functions. We are looking for a candidate that has strong writing skills for this position in an administrative/HR position.
Requirements. The candidate shall have experience with basic federal human resources terminology, regulations, operations, procedures, requirements, and practices. The candidate shall work with other staff within OHR and the SEC’s program offices as necessary to assess requirements, provide status updates, and follow through on deadlines. The candidate shall have experience with word processing software, spreadsheet applications, and other general administrative technologies. The candidate shall provide a plan or methodology for assuring data accuracy and timeliness. While not required, experience with the automated systems Electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF) and Department of Interior’s Federal Personnel Payroll System (FPPS) are preferable.
- Inputs employee and position data in the SEC’s Human Resources Information System (HRIS), specifically the FPPS/DOI system and internal systems unique to the agency.
- Reviews, processes, and files all types of automated personnel actions, including a wide variety of appointments, pay actions, reassignments, etc., ensures proper coding of regulatory authorities, etc.
- Reviews, processes, and files benefits applications and actions such as medical, transit, student loan repayment, etc.
- Maintains, reviews, and processes automated employee data and personnel histories in the personnel and payroll system.
- Reconciles errors and edits messages in real time.
- Reviews output in accordance with Federal and agency personnel regulatory and other policy guidelines to ensure correctness of determinations made.
- Ensures assigned offices submit time and attendance data through FPPS/DOI in a timely manner.
- Works with assigned personnel from program offices to resolve unique and recurring time and attendance issues
- Ensures actions are filed in accordance with Federal Record Maintenance standards and regulations.
- Conducts staffing/recruitment support and processing
- Conducts data entry services and is proficient in spreadsheet tracking and word processing
- Provides general HR Assistant services in the areas of Employee Servicing, Staffing, and Recruitment.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High school education or equivalent and 2+ years of business related experience. Prefer a Bachelor's degree.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Feb 14, 2013, 8:36:56 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC - 9 months ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...