BCD Travel has built a reputation on innovation, flexibility and service. Emerging technologies offer significant value to corporate travelers, right in the palm of their hands, through mobile devices—especially smart phones. Mobile apps can give superior service value to travelers because of their innovation, speed to market, and simplicity.
BCD Travel believes strongly that adherence to Corporate Travel Programs will erode significantly over time unless they can harness that innovation, and they can harness that value. It is essential that we offer our client mobile services that serve their program goals and delight their travelers. Therefore, we are developing a mobile application experience that provides significant value to the corporate traveler – one that is unique, yet on par with value that travelers can get in the consumer marketplace. This will drive acceptance of the mobile travel application, and corresponding value to the travel program at the same time.
The senior manager of mobile product marketing is a key role on the Global Product Marketing team and will help us uncover the untapped potential of this evolving channel.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and executing the strategy for an entirely new mobile marketing program. We are looking for an energetic and self-guided individual, with can-do attitude and desire to continuously take on new challenges.
The successful candidate will have several years of mobile marketing experience, including involvement with mobile app and mobile site development, mobile media management (i.e. mobile search and display) . In addition to being well-versed in emerging mobile-related metrics, tools & analytics, the senior manager of mobile product marketing have solid writing, graphics, organization and communication skills. Previous agency management experience is a plus.
Create mobile marketing strategy
- Working with the senior director of product marketing, responsible for developing and overseeing short and long term objectives, plans and strategies to grow the mobile marketing program.
- Establish appropriate metrics and quantify results of mobile marketing for both mobile commerce.
- Innovate constantly and bring mobile best practices to BCD Travel.
- Develop core content for marketing collateral, working in concert with broader creative team.
- Toolkits will support commercial teams and account-level rollouts.
Develop/ oversee mobile marketing budget and campaign planning
- Partner with broader marketing team to identify opportunities for mobile campaigns, prioritize and create mobile marketing calendar.
- Ensure that campaigns are on budget and met goals.
- Partner with internal/ external agencies to execute campaigns from both creative and infrastructure stand-point.
Analyze results of mobile marketing efforts
- Partner with the analytics team and provide actionable recommendations for further improvements.
- Produce monthly, quarterly, annual program performance reports and summaries.
- Develop and execute plans to use mobile messaging to achieve business goals.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
- 5 - 8 Years related experience in mobile application marketing and/or management
- Experience in distribution of free and paid mobile applications
- Outstanding writing skills in traditional and social formats
- Demonstrated superior conceptual and strategic thinking; deep understanding of the Internet, mobile marketing and app monetization
- Strong ability to work with product planning and delivery teams on launch of applications
- Excellent time-management and project-management skills: this person will be constantly challenged to balance multiple initiatives/ projects/ tasks
- Self-starter: the expectation is that this new team member will be able to get up to speed quickly and function independently by proactively identifying key milestones of projects and generally will require little day-to-day supervision
- Excellent technical skills: understanding of current mobile and digital technology, mobile metrics, various digital reporting tools, advanced Excel skills, strong aptitude for learning new technologies and tools
- Good eye for creative and overall understanding of key creative components of mobile advertising, with strong aptitude for learning new media and how creative gets utilized there
- Overall, strong communication and interpersonal skills: this individual will interact with a variety of partners from external agencies and departments, including product planning, IT, corporate intelligence, creative personnel and senior executives. It is required that this person exhibits a high level of comfort in communicating with professionals of different backgrounds
- Experience in travel management not required, but a definite plus
- Experience in free users to paid products not required, but a plus
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving start-up environment also highly desired
- Home base in Atlanta
Physical and Mental Requirements:
The requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires an adequate range of body motion and mobility to enable the individual to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Requires ability to remain in a stationary position for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Requires ability to move about to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Requires ability to operate a computer, telecommunication’s devices and other office equipment for prolonged periods of time throughout the work day.
- Requires ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word. Talking is important for those activities in which the employee must impart oral information to other employees, clients and customers, in person or via telephone, and in those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions and information to others accurately, clearly and quickly.
- Requires the ability to perceive the nature of sounds. Hearing is important for those activities that require ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, in person or via telephone, and to make fine discriminations in sound.
- Requires clarity of near vision. This factor is important when special and or minute accuracy is demanded and defective near acuity would adversely affect job performance and/or safety of self and others.
- Requires ability to work other shifts and weekends and in excess of 40 hours/week, as necessary.
Requires the ability to work and cooperate with other employees and clients at all levels and from diverse backgrounds to exchange ideas, information and opinions to facilitate the task at hand.
Travel (for positions requiring travel):
Requires ability to travel by car, plane and train for prolonged periods of time domestically and internationally and to move and transport personal luggage.
Field of Interest Category:
Scheduled Work Hours:
Percent of Travel:
BCD Travel - 2 years ago
About BCD Travel
BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. For travelers, this means keeping them safe and...