Los Angeles based Internet Brands is currently seeking a Cloud Systems Engineer to help us architect and implement critical parts of our ongoing cloud strategy. The ideal candidate will have significant experience building and deploying web based systems with Amazon's suite of cloud offerings (including EC2, S3, etc...). Additionally, the right person will be able to advise management of cloud based systems related issues and how to avoid them; ensure that cloud based systems remain stable, secure and fast; integrate and leverage new technologies into our cloud architecture.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Cloud based systems.
- Cloud systems Architecture and planning.
- Provisioning, configuration, and troubleshooting systems in the Amazon cloud.
- Management of operating systems and system applications.
- Assisting DBAs, Developers and QA users, with cloud application operation, performance tuning, and troubleshooting.
- Respond to Cloud service outages.
- Performance tuning of Cloud based applications such as Apache, Tomcat, lighttpd, and varnish.
- Experience configuring scalable web systems using Amazon's cloud tools.
- Experience with highly available, multi-node linux environments or server farms.
- Familiarity with management tools such as Puppet or Chef.
- Experience with at least two UNIX/Linux distributions, eg, RedHat (incl. CentOS, AWS Linux, Fedora), Debian (incl. Ubuntu), FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Solaris, etc..
- Basic familiarity with at least one networking CLI environment, such as Cisco, F5, Force10, Foundry, Juniper, Brocade, Quagga.
- Working knowledge of at least one RDBMS, eg MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, MS SQL etc..
- Strong understanding of security best practices and forensic techniques, eg, tcpdump, wireshark, iptables, ipset.
- Scripting in at least one language other than BASH, eg Python, Ruby, Perl, PHP, TCL, Java.
- Familiarity with at least one virtualization stack, eg, VMWare, Cloud Stack, Xen, AWS, Eucalyptus, KVM, OpenStack, etc..
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Professional demeanor (tattoos ok).
- BS or equivalent work experience.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including a casual work environment.
To apply, please visit:
Check us out! www.internetbrands.com
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands (www.internetbrands.com) is an innovative online media company that operates media, community, and e-commerce websites in consumer categories including automotive, health, shopping, and travel. We also create and license leading social media software and applications.
Internet Brands’ network of 200+ websites reaches more than 90 million unique visitors each month. Our network is ranked one of the Top 50 most popular web properties on the Internet by comScore. Our Automotive and Home portfolios rank in the Top 5 most-visited properties in their respective categories as ranked by comScore, and our websites have received dozens of awards from publications including Time Magazine, MSNBC, PC World, and Forbes.
Cloud Systems Engineer, Cloud Engineer, Amazon, EC2, Los Angeles Jobs, LA, Jobs, Online, Tech, Web Jobs, S3, Configuring, Unix, Linux, RedHat, CentOS, Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Solaris, Cisco, F5, Force10, Foundry, Juniper, Brocade, Quagga, VMWare, Xen Eucalpytus, AWS, OpenStack, KVM, RDBMS, Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, BASH, Ruby, Python, Perl, PHP, TCL, Cloud Architect, IT Infrastructure
Internet Brands - 16 months ago
Looking for a car or a career change? Internet Brands can fill you in on all you need to know. The company owns and operates 100-plus...