JFGs top audit position is responsible for leading corporate internal audit. The Senior Vice President and General Auditor will report directly to the joint JFG/Johnson Bank Audit Committee and administratively to the Chief Executive Officer. The primary mission is to integrate audit services to provide executive management and the Audit Committee with assurance as to the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of internal control throughout the company. The incumbent will work closely with the company’s external auditors and regulators. The Senior Vice President and General Auditor will be expected to quickly establish credibility and develop strong relationships with the organization. The incumbent will work collaboratively with the corporate compliance, enterprise risk, and loan review functions.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop a comprehensive and flexible Audit Plan using an appropriate risk-based methodology. Where appropriate, corporate risks and priorities should be reviewed, validated, and provided to the Audit Committee for review and concurrence.
- Responsible for oversight of operational, financial, information technology and compliance audits conducted by staff.
- Coordinate Audit activities with those of the external auditors to ensure proper audit coverage, elimination of duplication of effort, and improvement in the efficiency and effectiveness of audit activities.
- Prepare periodic reports to management and/or the Audit Committees providing information on the status and results of the Audit Plan, the sufficiency of Audit Department resources, and the status of open audit issues.
- Prepare the annual Audit Department budget
- Serve as one of the liaisons with regulators
- Periodically assess/revise the Audit Committee Charter and the Corporate Audit Department Policy.
- Manage, develop, and grow the talents of a dedicated team, utilizing outside expertise where necessary.
- Participate in due diligence process as requested.
- Prepare or review comprehensive, yet easy to understand, audit reports that communicate findings, recommendations, and action plans to management in a timely manner
- Follow up and appraise implementation of corrective actions
- 5+ years management experience in an internal or external audit function
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance plus relevant professional certification
- 10+ years of relevant financial institution experience
- MBA or experience with a major accounting firm a plus
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to attract and energize a talented staff
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Understanding of risk factors affecting financial institutions
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Managerial courage to confront difficult issues with the appropriate response and communicate appropriately and in a timely manner with all stakeholders in those issues
- Effective interpersonal skills, which allow candidate to relate well to all levels of management.
Johnson Bank - 23 months ago
Johnson Financial Group is the holding company for Johnson Bank, which has more than 50 offices in Wisconsin and Arizona. Serving consumers...