Business Unit Controller
The Business Unit Controller is responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling the Accounting and Control function for a line of business. This individual reports operational results, maintains fiscal records, ensures GAAP and Sarbanes compliance, provides detailed financial analysis and advice to business leadership, appraises line of business operating results in terms of costs, budgets, operating policies, trends and increased profit opportunities.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinating and administering a plan for the control of operations which includes: profit planning, sales forecasts, expense budgets, accounts receivable, cost standards, savings opportunities, and capital investing,
• Drive sound financial planning and decision, together with the necessary controls and procedures to implement the plan.
• Compares performance against operating plan, previous period results, and forecast.
• Provides reports and interprets the results of operations to all levels of management, after review and approval by Controller, when necessary. This includes preparation of financial statements, operating data, and special reports as required.
• Provides cross functional management with information, acting as a business partner to facilitate sounds business decisions.
• Establishes and implements a sound operational and organizational plan in direct support of business objectives.
• Coordinates Finance efforts for LOB international legal entities, depending on business structure.
• Assumes other special activities and responsibilities as required.
• Participation in Operating and Strategic Planning
• Analysis of Global Operations and Planning
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required; CPA/MBA preferred
• Sarbanes-Oxley experience required
• 7-10 years of increasing finance responsibility required
• 7-10 years of Operational/Financial analysis for a manufacturing company required
• SAP knowledge preferred
• Microsoft Office experience, including advanced Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and knowledge of general ledger and ERP systems required
• Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively as well as independently in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment.
• Detail-oriented, self-starter.
• Demonstrated ability to challenge the status quo and to implement process improvements that generate time savings through automation and standardization.
• Ability to anticipate and effectively plan work in an independent manner.
• Ability to take initiative.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to adjust to a flexible environment and consistently meet deadlines.
• International exposure and foreign language fluency a plus.
GA - Duluth
Send resume, cover letter and salary history to:
Nordson - 20 months ago
Nordson Corporation is one of the world’s leading producers of precision dispensing equipment that applies adhesives, sealants, and...