Field Sales Director, Catalog Furniture
Business Interiors by Staples provides comprehensive furniture solutions for customers of all sizes. A key part of our value proposition is that we excel in fulfilling both the day to day transactional furniture needs of our customers as well as their more complex project furniture needs. It takes a team of talented associates to develop projects from concept to completion. Our sales professionals, interior designers, project managers, and furniture sales support associates are the best in the business – because we know that when it’s all said and done, talented teams win! Thanks for your interest in Business Interiors by Staples.
This position is focused on growing both the sales and margin of catalog furniture in a sustainable manner. The Field Sales Director, Catalog Furniture will be the liaison between the field sales organization and the various functional categories that support catalog furniture, which include merchandising, marketing, ecommerce, supply chain, vendors, et al. The director will be responsible for developing effective catalog furniture sales campaigns that, when implemented by the field sales organization will drive incremental growth in sales and margin.
- Work with field sales leadership to determine the best ways to drive catalog furniture sales; develop plans / campaigns to increase sales and margin.
- Provide input to ecommerce leadership regarding the needs of catalog furniture from an ecommerce perspective; participate in steering committee meetings and advance the ecommerce agenda for catalog furniture
- Work closely with merchandising to insure that we have the appropriate portfolio / product selection
- Collaborate with marketing to shape the message / positioning for catalog furniture that will establish Staples as a destination for catalog furniture.
- Travel to field sales locations to work with sales reps on ways to improve catalog furniture sales in their books of business.
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience in either transactional furniture or ecommerce sales and marketing
- Strong understanding of ecommerce and other web-based methods of driving sales growth.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional, matrix organizational structure
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values the diversity of our people, products, and services.
There’s a whole lot more to Staples than you probably ever imagined. As the world’s 3rd largest internet retailer and a trusted...