The Product Manager is responsible for leading product management and marketing activities related to portfolio solutions and services for Custom Integrated Solutions (CIS – Formerly Wholesale Development and Operations) The candidate will lead product management and strategy activities targeted at the reseller segments including product positioning, placement, pricing and promotions. This position requires an individual contributor experienced in managing the full product lifecycle and working closely with sales teams, engineering, vendors, IT, and various go-to-market teams to ensure delivery of winning products and solutions.
- Manage full product lifecycle including developing product requirements, use cases and business cases based upon market research, segmentation and customer feedback. Lead product planning, training and marketing promotion (including launch/re-launch) activities and materials including FAQ’s, sales briefs, training materials, customer presentations and sales enablement tool-kits to drive successful portfolio solutions and enhancements.
- Lead cross functional core teams with representation from engineering, IT, program management office and sales teams among others to create alignment across the business. Make recommendations for solution architecture, product interfaces, portfolio synergies and associated rationalization.
- Collaborate with other internal Verizon marketing and product teams to ensure CIS needs are represented and determine enhancements to support CIS unique needs.
- Establish and maintain an understanding of CIS markets including traditional voice and data MVNOs, M2M, and Telematics solutions.
- Responsibilities include creating alignment across thechannel and communicating product plans for portfolio solutions to all stakeholders and senior management. The Product Manager also is accountable for managing and presenting product updates, performance metrics and KPIs.
- Serve as product evangelist to customers, other members of the CIS team helping maintain a, product roadmap and market trends to drive industry mind share.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience, MBA preferred
- 6+ years experience in product and project management, marketing and/or business strategy.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification desirable.
- Understanding oftraditional voice and data MVNOs, M2M, and Telematics customers.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and presentation skills with the ability to successfully communicate ideas and recommendations to all levels within an organization with a view to achieving objectives.
- Excellent analytical, decision making, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and respond flexibly with changing market and business needs
- Must be highly disciplined, a self-starter, and have the ability to execute on assignments independently
- Demonstrates strong leadership, continuous improvement on personal and professional levels, strong project and people management skills, knowledge of mobility products and strong background in the business space
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...