QTC is the largest private provider of government-outsourced medical and disability examination services in the nation. Our 25-year history delivering technology-driven examination solutions not only benefits our customers but also the industry as a whole. We were the first and only private examination provider
awarded the Pilot Program Contract to perform Compensation and Pension examinations for the Department of Veterans Affairs. The US Senate called upon QTC for expert testimony regarding the value of such third-party examinations for the purpose of government-based programs. More importantly, the House of Representatives recognized QTC for our innovative solutions to plaguing industry issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data entry and review of computerized worksheets manually completed by claimants
- Reviews and edits reports in proprietary software application to ensure accuracy in context, grammar, spelling, and consistency. This will be accomplished through review of computerized worksheets, doctor’s notes, and verifying information through dialogue with physician
- Review each exam report for accuracy prior to submission to the physician for final review and approval
- Assists in the retrieval of diagnostic tests for scanning into propriety software application
- Interfaces with operational teams and assists in the provision of medical records
- Works with providers and operational teams to ensure reports are submitted timely and accurately
- Assist in the delivery of reports for all lines of business
- Assist when needed in the Medical Assistant role
- Performs routine procedures to obtain claimant’s medical history, record vital signs and complete lab requisitions
- Performs standard diagnostic procedures accurately, efficiently, and with the highest quality including but not limited to: 12-lead electrocardiograms, proficient venipuncture, and preparation of lab specimens for laboratory courier, pulmonary function test (PFT), arterial flow Doppler studies, exercise Doppler studies, and exercise treadmill stress tests
- Performs housekeeping functions such as: changing exam room table paper, upkeep of cleanliness of the entire office (exam rooms, bathrooms, waiting area, front office, lab room, etc.), ensuring all equipment is clean and presentable
- Responsible for front office duties such as: answering telephones, scheduling appointments, copying reports, preparing schedules, data entry (including referral contracts, post appointment information), and filing
- Chaperone providers with same sex claimants during an examination
- If fluent in other languages, assist claimants and providers with translation of questionnaire forms or during evaluation, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the organization
Education and/or Experience : (includes certificate & licenses)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge of medical terminology
- Above average computer skills, with some data entry experience
- Ability to type a minimum of 30 wpm with accuracy
- A minimum of one year of medical transcription experience
- The ability to organize plan and coordinate multiple tasks with a high sense of urgency and follow-through
- Ability to work both in a team environment as well as independently
- Strong Customer Service skills that will enhance the interaction with the providers, operational teams and clients
- Ability to identify mistakes or inconsistencies in medical reports and work with physician to correct
- Good verbal and written communication
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- High School Diploma; Some college preferred
- A minimum of one year of medical transcription experience preferred
- Previous medical office experience
- Medical Assistant Certification and current CPR Certification
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform successfully the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arm. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
QTC Management Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company has an ongoing commitment to affirmative action and the creation of a workplace free of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. The company recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, being a disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran.
QTC Management, Inc. - 10 months ago
Lockheed Martin takes flight in times of crisis. A leading global military contractor, the company serves the civil and commercial sectors,...