This position is responsible for performing medical imaging examinations under the direction of a physician to assist in the medical diagnosis and or treatment of illness and or injury.
1. Ensures proper patient identification, order verification, and prepares the patient for the exam.
2. Performs MRI examinations per department protocol.
3. Understands cross sectional anatomy and demonstrates anatomical positioning competency.
4. Demonstrates ability to critique own films.
5. Completes studies within acceptable time limitations without compromising patient care or the quality of the examination.
6. In coordination with the radiologist, demonstrates ability to select proper scanning techniques and protocols.
7. Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of protocol relating to contrast administration. As ordered by the physician and under radiologist/physician supervision administers intravenous contrast material to patients.
8. Practices appropriate infection control and sterile techniques.
9. Understands and operates all MRI equipment and related information systems appropriately to ensure that quality images are produced. Exhibits understanding and proficiency with electronic imaging.
10. Incumbent will be able to view, transfer, archive, and manipulate images.
11. Exhibits a working knowledge of the MRI scanner. Able to troubleshoot when needed and understands the shutdown and start up procedures.
12. Exhibits a working knowledge of the magnet, cryogens, gradient amplifiers, and all computer hardware and software.
13. Understands the Quench procedure and when it should be performed.
14. Adheres to and understands the MRI safety policy and the FOUR ZONE concept.
15. Understands proper MR magnet safety in an event of an emergency.
16. Thoroughly and accurately completes all required documentation, including time stamps and image storage.
Entry Rate: $24.26
Benefits Eligible: No
Shift Details: Evening and weekend shift position some opportunity for a few day shifts. Must be able to take call.
Department: Magnetic Resonance Imaging
ARRT, ARMRIT, or CAMRT registered technologist with one year of experience in diagnostic imaging.
State radiology license
Basic life support (BLS) certified.
Post-hire expectation: Meet departmental IV certification competency within three months of hire.
Hearing, Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Seeing, Standing
MRI registered by ARRT
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 2 years ago
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...