JOBHOLDER ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Technical Ability: The TSE must be technically skilled in the use of ADTRAN products and networking technologies. The TSE must have excellent self-study skills to develop and maintain an understanding of new technologies, and must be willing to research and train on new technologies to keep skill set current.
- Reasoning & Problem Solving Ability: The TSE must be able to troubleshoot effectively by reasoning through the data given and developing plans to gather more data or to solve the problem. The TSE should be able to anticipate problems, see how a problem and its solution will affect others, gather information prior to making decisions, weigh alternatives against objectives, and arrive at a reasonable solution.
- Communications: The TSE must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with customers by phone, in-person, and by email in order to solve their problems. The TSE must listen to others, respond professionally to feedback, and ask questions to ensure understanding.
- Customer Service: The TSE must be focused on providing the best in customer service. This role will require taking extra steps to ensure satisfaction, following through, making it clear to the customer that we appreciate his situation, etc.
- Initiative: The TSE must show initiative in identifying potential product issues, in providing customers with feedback on ongoing issues, and in learning new technologies. TSE's must be self-motivated and be able to work independently with minimal supervision, must be able to work as a team member in a continuous improvement environment, and must possess the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects in different stages with a sense of urgency and efficiency.
Bachelor's Degree other technical disciplines and/or related fields may be considered.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Information Science, preferably with extensive studies in internetworking is required.
Applicant must have a working knowledge of IP and LAN applications and specifics.
- Related Experience: This Technical Support Engineer is an entry-level position, which may include up to 5 years of experience.
- Equipment/Software Skills: Working knowledge of various technologies and their implementation including ATM, Gig-E, PON, IMA, DSL, and management software attributes such as TL1, MIBs, SNMP, etc. required.
All ADTRAN TSE's must be Advanced Technology Support Program (ATSP) certified on the products that they support.
- Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and/or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certifications are preferred.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Travel Expectations: All TSE's are subject to occasional travel, both domestic and/or international. The typical employee will travel no more than 5% of the time averaged over an annual basis.
The Technical Support Engineer (TSE) will be responsible for providing phone support and occasional field support to users of ADTRAN hardware. The TSE will be an expert on the products that are supported by this role, and will work with highly technical end-users, ADTRAN Design Engineers, ADTRAN and Partner Sales personnel, ADTRAN Product Management, and other ADTRAN personnel as needed in the resolution of customer issues; whether technical or process-related. Primary support role will be fielding support calls on ADTRAN's Broadband product suite.
- Physical: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle, feel, type, and write. The employee in this role is occasionally required to stand; walk, kneel or crouch and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Sensory: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to draft, write and enter necessary data for reports, business correspondence, and/or procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present/communicate information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mental/Reasoning: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Job Description: JOB SUMMARY
This Technical Support Engineer (TSE) is a professional level position where assignments are designed to develop professional work knowledge and abilities. This role requires the ability to perform Engineering tasks for a major project or for projects of moderate complexity with limited direction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide remote phone and email support on tickets off a queue regarding ADTRAN hardware and software.
- Field post-sales calls from RBOC's, CLEC's, Independent phone companies, as well as other ADTRAN departments requesting assistance.
- Provide on-site support at customers' locations to assist with trouble resolution when necessary.
- Support the ADTRAN Sales team both domestically and internationally on issues as needed.
- Test field issue fixes made by engineering.
- Serve as a customer advocate when working with other ADTRAN departments.
- Test customer network set-up and applications in labs when applicable.
- Provide design and configuration input to other ADTRAN departments when needed.
- Stay up to date with latest features and new products released by ADTRAN.
- Report field issues to Engineering on behalf of the customer.
- Interact with other groups within ADTRAN to insure customer issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Maintain a professional and positive image of the ADTRAN brand.
- Prompt and regular attendance is required in order to ensure quality workflow.
- Other projects and tasks may be assigned to accommodate the changing needs of the department and the Company.
Monster - 3 years ago