Chrome OS Validation Engineer
The Intel Open Technology Center (OTC) is looking for a skilled QA engineer and infrastructure developer to help us integrate ChromeOS with the latest Intel platforms and technologies.
The ChromeOS integration team ensures that ChromeOS achieve maximum performance and minimal power usage, enables hardware support for Intel CPUs, chipsets, and graphics, and comes up with creative ways to make ChromeOS shine
on Intel platforms, including novel uses of Intel technologies. You'll be working with the entire Linux and ChromeOS stack, including the Linux kernel and drivers, X, Mesa, OpenGL, rendering, video, audio, and the Chrome browser itself.
As a Senior ChromeOS QA/Infrastructure Engineer, you'll be expected to:
- Contribute changes to Google's upstream infrastructure and scripting
- Develop, maintain, and automate the ChromiumOS autotest infrastructure
- Integrate tools such as Gerrit and buildbot with existing Google scripting and Intel hardware automation infrastructure
- Help us scale our infrastructure to handle rapid development, deployment, and testing
- Find ways to automate our incorporation of new upstream code
- Work closely with the ChromiumOS Open Source community to expand their support for downstream development
- Delight in finding creative ways to break and fix complex systems
We're looking for an experienced Open Source developer that can rapidly come up to speed on ChromeOS development and on Intel technologies.
Experienced ChromeOS/ChromiumOS developers and QA engineers welcome, but how fast you can learn will matter much more than what you already know.
Skills needed to perform this job:
- Experience developing in a Linux and Open Source environment.
- Experience contributing to Open Source projects: writing code, submitting patches, reviewing patches, submitting bug reports, writing convincing arguments to get your patches or bugs accepted, and otherwise participating effectively in a development community.
- Strong technical communication skills, and experience using them in an Open Source development environment, including mailing lists, IRC, bug-tracking systems, and git commit messages.
- Detective-style debugging of complex whole-stack issues.
- Strong and rapid code reading/searching/forensics.
- Skilled in git patch manipulation, forensics, and rebasing.
- Strong breadth of technical experience, with a vast mental index of possibilities and solutions.
- Rapid ramping and learning on new technologies or components.
Skills preferred to perform this job:
- Demonstrated skill with discovering and fixing complex bugs.
- ChromeOS/ChromiumOS development/QA experience.
- Chrome browser development/QA experience.
- Experience working with a developer-run Agile/Scrum model.
- Experience contributing to the Linux kernel.
- Specific technologies: Gerrit, buildbot, Gentoo Portage and ebuilds, Python, shell scripting, Makefiles
Required level of education in specific areas of study:
- Bachelor's Degree/at least 4 years in computer science or equivalent.
- Master's Degree/at least 3 years in computer science or .equivalent.
- Ph.D. Degree/0 years in computer science or equivalent.
- Experience contributing to Open Source projects considered in addition to professional experience.
Dec 6, 2013
Dec 6, 2014
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.
Intel does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance. More info at WWW.INTEL.COM/JOBS.
Intel - 7 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...