Brink’s, Incorporated is a premier provider of armored car transportation, currency and coin processing, ATM servicing and other value added services to financial institutions, retailers and other commercial and government entities. The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for a Director, Accounting for Latin America Shared Services.
The Director, Accounting for Latin America (LATAM) Shared Services is responsible for regional management of the Accounting function to include accounts receivable, fixed assets, reconciliations, journal entries and general GL maintenance in accordance with the corporate and regional policies and procedures. This individual will ensure that the Accounting Team delivers cost effective, accurate, and timely processing. The incumbent will monitor Service Level Agreements with the business units and Regional Finances with respect to Accounting as well as ensure that the functions meet or exceed the requirements of these agreements.
- Perform as a trusted business advisor for the general manager and business functions by combining business and financial acumen to provide timely and relevant insights, data and analysis to support decision making
- Ensure appropriate accounting policies, procedures and practices are maintained to enable the preparation of accurate financial records, schedules and statements in accordance with local and US generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and Brink’s finance requirements
- Serve as liaison between the Corporate Controller and the country management to achieve designated objective/strategies
- Serve as a point of escalation for all accounting issues from the countries
- Design, implement and maintain financial processes surrounding the performance reporting functions to provide accurate, timely and actionable analysis
- Define the metrics required to measure business performance, compare actual data to forecasted values, and develop the process for identifying and addressing performance gaps
- Travel throughout Latin America
- Design, implement and maintain effective internal controls over financial processes in accordance with local, Brink’s finance and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements
- Partner with corporate, regional and country senior management in developing a strategic plan by identifying, evaluating and implementing key operating, strategic and new business initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned or necessary
- Minimum of 10 years experience of a combination of public accounting and corporate finance
- Minimum of 5 years experience in global regional finance management of a multinational company
- Minimum of 5 years experience speaking, writing and reading English and Spanish
- Minimum of 3 years experience in multinational accounting, internal controls (SOX), GAAP, tax and treasury
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 12+ years experience with a big 4 firm with a combination of public accounting and corporate finance
- 10+ years experience in global regional finance management of a multinational company
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Relevant project management skills
- Strong familiarity with ERP and Shared Services
- Proficiency in Portuguese
- Experience with Oracle eBusiness Financials (e.g. General Ledger, Accounts Payable) and Core Finance Processes
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with Brink’s, Incorporated. We provide a competitive salary, medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans. In addition, we offer a 401(k) plan with company match. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational, consultative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail Orientated
- Strong leadership/management skills with the ability to influence others
- Customer focused
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic and changing work environment and work in cross-functional teams
Brink’s, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, and is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace.
The Brink’s Company, conducts business in the security industry, principally through its wholly owned subsidiary Brink’s,...