Job Category: Customer Service & Support
Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Job ID: 808601-102221
Division: Services & Support
PREMIER FIELD ENGINEER - SQL Server
Location - Charlotte, NC
Are you ready to be a rock star? Do you enjoy supporting Microsoft technologies and sharing technical information with others? Look no further, you found the right career opportunity.
The Premier Field Engineering team (PFE) provides technical support for Microsoft’s Premier customers world-wide through onsite and remote support services. As a part of the Customer Service and Support (CSS) organization, PFE partners with Commercial Technical Support (CTS) and Enterprise Services to drive customer health and strengthen Microsoft technology adoption. PFEs act as the primary onsite technical contact, providing customer visibility, advanced technical troubleshooting support and problem resolution for Product Support Services and corporate customers, including issues escalated to the highest levels of management.
The ideal candidate should have at least 3-5 years of experience with SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2008 R2 & SQL Server 2005. While this position is targeted for a dedicated support role, candidates may be expected to also take on short term reactive support and proactive engagements where overnight travel is required. Travel requirements vary regionally and could be as much as 40-70%. Candidates must possess current passport and driver’s license or be able to obtain each within 90 days of hire. The candidate should live in or near a major city in the eastern US.
- Act as a resource for on-going SQL planning and deployment.
- Help with analysis of migration to new SQL environments.
- Provide SQL workshops and training for customer's existing support staff.
- Deliver timely and high quality solutions to customer problems and requests focusing on root cause analysis, prevention, knowledge transfer, and opportunity generation. Manage escalations and sub-cases to ensure timely and high quality resolution of all issues.
- Develop and implement strategies for providing facilitative support resulting in fewer incidents, increased availability, or accelerated deployments.
- Develop relationships with technical directors or lead architects for the technology you support resulting in more participation in planning and improved satisfaction in support consulting.
- Partner with Premier Technical Account Managers to effectively manage hot-sites including documented action plans and daily status updates for the customer and Microsoft management.
- Develop working relationships within the PFE Organization that result in increased cooperation and mutual support in fulfilling our customer mission.
- Develop a working relationship with MCS and field staff at your accounts that results in increased cooperation and mutual support in achieving each other's goals.
- Execute formal post-mortem process on closure of critical issues.
- Initiate and participate in triage meetings to share knowledge with other engineers and to efficiently resolve customer problems.
Required Skills and Experience:
Experience with the following technologies:
- SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2005.
- Practical experience troubleshooting performance problems, query tuning and optimization.
- Experience delivering and/or authoring technical training
- College degree, preferably in Computer Science. Will consider related equivalent experience.
- Ability to work independently with minimal management supervision
- Ability to manage challenging technical issues by setting customer expectations, devising and implementing action plans, being available 24x7 and professionally communicating to all parties involved.
- SQL programming skills in one of the following: SQL, VB, VBA, C++, VJ++, VBS, Jscript, HTML/DHTML.
- Experiences with SQL Server Integration Services, Reporting Services, Analysis Services,
- Active Directory (architecture, design, disaster recovery and troubleshooting), IIS and ISA.
- Debugging skills in the Windows Platform
- Up to date with Windows 8 client
- Experience with network captures and network troubleshooting
- PowerShell V2 skills including scripting
Interested in learning more about Customer Service & Support? Follow us on Twitter@MicrosoftCSSjob, become a fan on Facebook under "Microsoft Customer Service and Support", and find our blog at http://blogs.msdn.com/peoplefirst. Find out more about Premier Field Engineers and their work at the CSS blog and at the Microsoft PFE Facebook page, found under "Premier Field Engineers at Microsoft".
Microsoft - 2 years ago
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...