Within the IT Services (ITS) Portfolio Management Office, the IT Initiatives team leads programs that span ITS organizations to improve efficiency, reduce cost, and/or mitigate risks. As a Lead Technical Project Manager, you will be responsible for leading initiatives, developing project plans, managing execution, and analyzing performance in support of the ITS business strategy. Your first assignment will focus on processes and solutions that implement CenturyLink’s global data protection strategy, including information security ratings for ITS work performed outside the U.S. and mitigations for international security risks. This position is responsible for:
· Integrating project plans into a program plan; developing project status reports; and consolidating project status into the program status.
- Managing all aspects of highly complex (sometimes multiple and simultaneous) projects on a daily basis to ensure alignment with and success of business objectives.
- Leading a diverse team of professionals whose members span IT functions (e.g., development, maintenance, PMO), CenturyLink business units (e.g., Corporate Security, Legal, HR, Finance) and national boundaries; managing resource requirements and allocations.
- Working closely with internal clients to develop detailed project plans and schedules, driving progress towards the timely completion of defined milestones and deliverables, resolving issues, mitigating risks, managing escalations, and communicating status to all levels of the organization.
· Developing and delivering training and communications that simplify complex programs and processes across a large organization.
- Defining processes whose implementation can scale from pilot teams to a staged roll-out across ITS; anticipating how proposed policies and processes may impact ITS teams’ activities and deliverables.
· Incorporating process and cultural change management principles into initiatives that impact operations; these initiatives include the adoption of Best Practices and the transfer of knowledge across global locations.
· Managing budgets, forecasts, and expense controls related to assigned programs; producing financial reports for the programs.
- Analyzing operational and financial data to identify trends and translating those conclusions into actionable recommendations for leadership.
· The IT Initiatives team adjusts project assignments when business priorities change; your future responsibilities may involve long-term staffing plans, global work transitions, technical program management, enterprise collaboration solutions, or other IT initiatives.
Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in business (e.g., finance, operations, statistics, economics), MIS, Information Technology, Computer Science, or 6 - 8 years of related experience; master’s degree is a plus.
Strong project management skills, including the ability to plan initiatives, resolve issues, deliver results, and foster teamwork; requires some progress toward a formal, externally-recognized project certification (e.g., PMI) or a minimum of 5 years of project management experience.
Demonstrated understanding of software development lifecycle and maintenance methodologies, software process improvement efforts; experience working on IT projects with multi-national team members preferred.
Demonstrated understanding of information security concepts, including policy definition, threat analysis and prioritization, and solution implementation.
Demonstrated strong and positive interpersonal talents; able to interact with and influence people from all disciplines; able to balance persuasiveness and assertiveness to build team morale while meeting deliverables; able to effectively adapt interpersonal style to other cultures.
Effective written and oral communication skills including business writing, negotiation and presentation skills.
Strong analytical abilities (e.g., problem solving, mathematical, conceptual and research skills) that translate detail-oriented analyses into recommendations that address big-picture issues.
Effective use of the following MS Office products:
- Microsoft PowerPoint to highlight results (e.g., incorporate tables and charts) and develop conclusions and recommendations.
- Microsoft Project to create and maintain integrated project plans
- Microsoft Office SharePoint (i.e., Qshare, KnowledgeQ) to manage project communications and documentation.
- Microsoft Excel function tools (e.g., nested “IF” statements, Pivot Tables, “VLOOKUP”, “SUMIF”) to create and maintain models that produce forecasts, variance analyses, and ad hoc report requests.
- Team player who is willing and able to perform multiple roles to advance progress towards the team’s goals and deliverables; a motivated self-starter who can work independently and manage multiple priority initiatives simultaneously, while keeping a client-oriented mind set.
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
- 2 years ago - save job