Product Manager Level IV
LMI is a not-for-profit government consulting firm, dedicated exclusively to advancing the management of the government. As a not-for-profit company, we deliver the best value for the government dollar as all revenues are directed to our mission of advancing government rather than to delivering shareholder value. We operate completely free of political and commercial bias, and we are entirely aligned with the goals of our clients. Our clients value our not-for-profit status and specialized services in logistics, intelligence, homeland security, health care, and energy and environment markets. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who share that conviction.
This work is contingent upon award of contract. Position will be located in Fort Belvoir, VA .
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide management, coordination, operational and technical support to programs within the JPEO-CBD portfolio. Manage and coordinate daily staff operations, support the Government lead on Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and provide guidance to senior Government leadership on agency programs. Additionally, perform all tasks associated with acquisition program management in order to lead the overall program acquisition strategy, including, but not limited to, the following:
Skills and Background Desired
- Developing and implementing technical and programmatic plans, measures, and progress reports
- Monitoring program schedules to ensure proper resources have been allocated and risks are recognized and mitigated
- Gaining concurrence, approval, and consensus from stakeholders on various issues
- Developing, providing, and presenting program information
- Responding to external requests for information
- Preparing and reviewing all policy, acquisition and technical documentation
- Communicating issues regarding product development, storage, and sustainment
- Overseeing fielding
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Systems Management, Business Management, Computer Sciences, Information Systems Management, or similar discipline is required. (A combination of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Systems Management, Computer Sciences, Information Systems Management, Business Management, or a related discipline, DAU Level III certification in PM, and ten (10) years of experience may be substituted for a Master’s Degree.)
- At least ten (10) years of general experience, five (5) years of experience in a program office or similar organization, and three (3) years experience in a program management position with cost, schedule, and performance responsibilities are required.
- Defense Acquisition University (Level III) certification in Program Management, or civilian equivalent, is desired.
- Experience in the DoD and/or U.S. Army is desired.
- Must be able to lead and collaborate with others in project team-oriented environment, communicate complex analyses verbally and in writing, and develop innovative approaches to solving technical challenges.
- Must be available for occasional travel.
- Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. For this position, LMI will only consider applicants with current security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances. Please note that only US Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
SECURITY CLEARANCE STATEMENT:
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. For this position, LMI will only consider applicants with a current secret security clearance or applicants who are eligible for a secret security clearance. Please note that only U.S. Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
LMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
LMI is a consulting firm dedicated to advancing the management of government. We provide leaders with the information and analysis they...