International developer and distributor of CATV, Satellite, Telecom and A/V products needs a mechanical engineer with an interest in RF design to join our engineering team. This individual should be capable of: mechanical design, testing, project management, and coordination of manufacture.
- Analyze customer requirements, proposals and specifications and prepare appropriate preliminary designs to meet customer requirements.
- Describe preliminary product designs adequately so that others can prepare designs for manufacture.
- Test and analyze sample products and prototypes.
- Provide customer service and support as needed.
- Prepare performance requirements and specifications for new products.
- Prepare technical marketing materials, catalogs and data sheets.
- Perform on-site visits for customers and suppliers as needed.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- The ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing in a demanding, time sensitive environment.
- The ability to manage a wide variety of tasks simultaneously, maintaining flexibility of work and travel schedules.
- An understanding of the principles of designing products for screw machining, stamping, die casting and injection molding.
- An understanding of the principles of efficient product manufacture and assembly.
- A basic understanding of the principles of electrical and RF design.
- Proficiency with MS Office computer applications.
- Familiarity with Computer Aided Design Software, Autocad, SolidWorks, and Creo/ProE preferred.
- Be a self-starter and independent worker.
BSME (or approved equivalent)
Amphenol RF is an Equal Opportunity Employer/ Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans