The Registered Nurse manages all aspects of the nursing process and the delivery of patient and family centered care. The Registered Nurse has the responsibility and authority to request and use governing and administrative resources, technological and support systems, and multidisciplinary clinical experts necessary to manage and deliver quality, cost effective patient care.
1. Utilizes the standards of Patient Focused Model. Plans, implements and evaluates, and manages care for all patients with consideration of age, developmental, socioeconomic, psychological, physical, spiritual and cultural factors.
2. Practice reflects knowledge of current nursing literature and resources, demonstrates ongoing learning in appropriate science, such as: contemporary medical, pharmacologic, pathophysiology to care for specific patient types.
3. Maintains competency in nursing practice and clinical skills and makes annual plan for professional development. Completes mandatory educational requirements.
4. Assesses, diagnoses, plans, implements and evaluates care for assigned patients that is consistent with the medical plan and is responsive to the patient's changing needs.
5. Delegates appropriate nursing activities to unlicensed personnel based on: the stability of the patient; the training an capability of the unlicensed person to whom the nursing task is delegated; nature of the nursing task being delegated; and the proximity and availability of the nurse to the unlicensed person when performing the activity.
6. Collects and analyzes patient information. Collaborates with patient, family, physicians and health care team members to: expedite and coordinate the delivery of services and insure efficient use of resources.
7. Collaborates with the physician regarding the patient's clinical status, medical and nursing treatment plans, progression toward outcomes and next level of care. Maintains continuity of care, delivery process and family/significant other communication to achieve optimal outcomes.
8. Assesses patient¿s learning needs. Develops a teaching plan based upon assessment.
Educates patients and family members in disease processes, testing, medications, signs/
symptoms, etc. Communicates understanding/progress to outcomes with other team members.
9. Assures timely initiation, completion, communication and documentation of nursing care, tests, treatment, teaching and discharge planning activities.
10. Consults the Clinical Nurse Specialist and Health Care Coordinator for complex patient care management and discharge planning.
11. Identifies barriers to implementing the plan of care or to achieving expected outcomes. Consults appropriate resources to report and/or resolve problems.
12. Seeks out innovative opportunities to improve patient care.
13. Exhibits fiscal accountability through cost effective use of time, material and other resources.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
To perform this job successfully within the scope of nursing, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be able to demonstrate any knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients serviced in his/her assigned department. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Minimum 2+ years surgical experience required.
2+ years ONCOLOGY experience preferred
Oncology certification preferred
Requires strong communication skills and ability float to varied units for staffing support.
Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing is required, Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATION and/or REGISTRATION REQUIRED.
Position requires a Valid/Current license to practice as a RN in Massachusetts.
BLS required, ACLS a plus.
North Shore Medical Center - 10 months ago
Tenet Healthcare Corporation is one of the largest investor-owned health care delivery systems in the nation.
• 50 hospitals in 11...