World Wide Technology, Inc. (WWT) is a leading Systems Integrator and Value Added Reseller providing technology products, services, and supply chain solutions to customers around the globe. The company brings to market a powerful blend of people, processes, and partnerships to help its customers manage the planning, procurement and deployment of IT solutions. WWT’s proven processes span the technology implementation lifecycle as we provide customers with advanced technology solutions, such as Unified Communications, Security, Data Center, Wireless Mobility and eCommerce. Based in St. Louis, MO, WWT works closely with industry leaders, focusing on three market segments; Fortune 500 companies, Service Providers and the Federal Government. The company is also one of the world’s largest Cisco Gold resellers, and was recently recognized as Cisco’s North American Partner of the Year. Other Strategic OEM Partnerships include; HP, Dell, NetApp, EMC, Citrix, VMware and Sun. WWT employs over 1,700 people, and operates more than 1.3 million square feet of state-of-the-art warehousing, distribution and integration space strategically located throughout the US. In recent news, WWT is proud to announce that it has been named number 50 on the 2012 FORTUNE “100 Best Places to Work For ® ” list.
World Wide Technology, Inc. currently has an opening for a Network Security Engineer in the Midwest or the East Coast. Candidates must be willing to travel 75% and be near a major airport.
The Engineer’s role is to ensure that industry best practices and methodologies are applied to a network involving Security, data, video, and wireless network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing LANs, Security and Wireless network across the infrastructure. In addition, the Engineer will oversee the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and make recommendations to the resolution of network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide training to junior team members where required.
Qualified candidates will have 3 to 5 years of hands-on Cisco experience with a strong ‘Route/Switch background. Qualified applicants will need to specialize in Security and networking technologies (802.1x, ISE, and NAC knowledge is a plus), but would also need to learn other Advanced Technologies (Wireless, Cisco Prime and MobleIron).
- Deployment of new technology on customer premise
- Integration into customer staff, culture, and processes
- Assistance with project scoping and network design
- A trusted advisor to customers and internal WWT staff
- Knowledge transfer and training to WWT customer IT staff
- Cisco CCNP or CCIE Certifications are preferred. Excellent oral and written communication, customer service, and presentation skills required. The position would require about 70% travel and would primarily be focused in the delivery, or post-sales area. The candidate however, should feel comfortable supporting the sales effort with presentations and meeting with customers.
- Working technical knowledge of network and Security control protocols (CoS, PoE, NTP, DHCP), network management protocols (CDP, TFTP, SNMP) and security protocols (802.1x, Radius, SSH, HTTPS, AAA, IPSec).
- Strong knowledge IP communication and routing is required (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP). Experience with inter-company routing is preferred.
- Understand WAN/LAN and transport technologies (Ethernet, MPLS, TDM circuits).
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Visio is required
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
World Wide Technology, Inc. - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard