Reporting to the Vice President of Federal Solutions, the Business Development Director will join the GCS leadership team that is responsible for business development and growth of our company. This role is responsible for building the pipeline for organic and new growth by creating and selling scalable solutions. It covers the full life cycle business development activities including target identification, demand generation, deal capture strategies, agency marketing plans, client calls and events, team strategies, and customer relations. This position will focus on growth and near term new business actions as well as long-term strategic opportunities. This function will generate demand for and respond to key customer initiatives in key civilian and intelligence markets. The responsibilities of this function will span the entire capture process. The secondary responsibility of this position will be to strengthen the business development infrastructure to include processes, systems, and tools as well as to identify, develop and close strategic and organic growth opportunities for GCS.
Essential Work Elements
- Lead the evaluation of any new business opportunities and carry the opportunities to close
- Deliver on and exceed key revenue targets
- Manage the Business Development pipeline for GCS and assume the responsibilities for setting and meeting key performance indicators for business unit revenues.
- Support the proposal development process: Review Statements of Work, Respond to RFI/RFPs and other efforts in the capture process
- Build, manage and encourage customer/agency /partner relationships that result in new leads and prospects as well as fostering existing customer relationships
- Work closely with the business units in the development of the processes that will lead to business development activities/opportunities.
- Work closely with key customers to fully understand their current and future needs; possess the executive presence for successful interactions.
- Identify target customers where value-added GCS services would be beneficial.
- Enable the company to achieve an even greater level of visibility, brand equity and industry recognition through its services, leveraging the strength and success of the company's current service offerings
- Provide thought leadership, innovation, and creativity in developing high quality solutions to meet customer objectives.
- Lead business development sessions with senior leadership and strategic advisors
- Manage external business development resources
- Participate in appropriate government, industry groups and networking events.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- TS Clearance or Higher Preferred
- A track record of winning new business as well as intimate knowledge of customers, their organizational structure, budgetary process and mission needs to include a robust rolodex of current customer contacts
- At least 10 years of total experience in the Federal Contracting arena, preferably in the civilian and intelligence markets supporting a number of federal clients
- Expert knowledge of government procurement and acquisition processes
- The ability to operate at the senior level and close deals personally.
- Strong relationships with key relevant contractors, vendors and key mission partners
- Self starter with high sense of urgency for closing business
GCS - 17 months ago