Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, room capacity, hours of operation, proper table set-up and dress code of the restaurant, all liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections, correct glassware and garnishes.
Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, prices, preparation method/time, major ingredients and quality standards, taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, garnish and method of presentation.
Take guests' food and beverage orders, utilizing suggestive selling techniques.
Guide guests through all phases of their experience at the restaurant.
Consistently follow sequence of service utilizing all proper procedures standardized by the room management.
Effectively communicate with management, chefs and culinary staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and or other employees.
Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
Be familiar with all Hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
Maintain complete knowledge of POS and manual systems.
Input order into system and ensure transmission of food orders is verified by Kitchen
Guide the activities of the assigned Busperson to ensure optimum service to guests.
Remove soiled wares from tables as assigned and transport to dishwashing area.
Adhere to payment, cash handling and credit policies/procedures.
Clean and reset tables immediately after guest departs.
Collect and report tips at the end of the assigned shift.
Perform other job related duties as necessary.
- At least 2 year of experience as a Food Server in a similar establishment.
- Working knowledge of tableside service.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Possess a good working knowledge of all restaurant functions.
- Experience in large and heavy tray handling.
- Previous check tendering experience with POS system.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...