The Department of Psychology at Boise State University invites interested applicants with proven leadership, teaching and research skills to apply for the position of associate professor and chair. The chair position is a 10 month position. The initial chair appointment will be for three years with potential renewal for an indefinite number of 3-year terms. The Department of Psychology offers several programs including one bachelor’s degree, one graduate certificate and two minors. Experienced faculty who welcome the challenge of leading a well-established program toward our quest of becoming a Metropolitan Research University of Distinction are encouraged to apply.
- Earned doctorate in Psychology or a related field with the appropriate academic credentials to be tenured within the Psychology Department;
- Has successfully achieved tenure and promotion;
- Has provided leadership in various capacities within and outside of the university;
- Demonstrates an active research agenda and record of external funding;
- Possesses a working knowledge of departmental budget structures;
- Familiarity with core responsibilities of university department chair.
- Familiarity with delivery of online education programs;
- Strong commitment to scholarship and excellence in the area of psychology;
- Exhibits an open and collegial style of communication.
If This Sounds Like the Job for You
Please submit electronically (PDF ) a cover letter outlining your qualifications based on position requirements and an overview of areas of teaching and research interest, curriculum vita, copies of preprints or reprints, teaching and research statements and contact information only for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
We strongly prefer all digital application materials : Please email all application materials to Jennifer Weaver at: email@example.com . Incorporate all materials into a single PDF file prior to electronic transmission. Indicate the search # (#SS-0032-23) in your email subject line.
Dr. Jennifer Weaver
Boise State University
Department of Psychology
1910 University Drive
Boise, ID 83715-1747
Review of applications will begin December 17, 2012 and will continue until finalists are identified. Applications received after that point may be considered if the position is not filled from the finalist pool
About the University: http://www.boisestate.edu/
About the City of Boise: http://www.boisechamber.org/
About the Department: http://sspa.boisestate.edu/psychology
AA/EEO Statement – Boise State University is strongly committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The University actively encourages applications and nominations of women, persons of color, and members of other underrepresented groups.