Responsibility & Qualification Summary For
SUMMARY : Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates.
REPORTS TO : Kitchen Coordinator
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Preparation of NCC meals.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment. cooking in broilers
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
- Refer to Daily Prep List at the start of each shift for assigned duties.
- Maintains a Guest focus while performing duties.
- Graciously and quickly fulfill any customer request possible.
- Complete opening and closing checklists.
- Promptly reports equipment and food quality or shortage problems to Kitchen Coordinator or Food Service Manager.
- Knows and complies consistently with USDA’s standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards, and NCC’s kitchen rules, recipes, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area, before, during and after tasks.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handles, stores, labels, and rotates all products properly and in accordance to applicable state laws.
- Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Coordinator or manager-on-duty.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE :
- A culinary diploma is not required but it is highly recommended for this position.
- At least 7 years working in a similar position within accredited restaurants, hotels, or cafeterias.
- Food handlers permit and tips card required for this position.
- Must possess a positive attitude and work well with other team members.
- Must be able to read and follow a recipe unsupervised.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with supervisors, managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pound.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Be willing to follow direction and ask questions for clarification if needed.
- Be able to work in a fast paced kitchen environment
National Children's Center - 22 months ago