As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
General Dynamics Information Technology has an opening for an Agile Program Manager in Washington, DC.
Successful candidate must be able to obtain and retain a USPS security clearance. Candidates must be authorized to work in the US and a resident of the US for the previous 5 years with no longer than a 90 day absence.
Manage software development, architecture and integration projects in an Agile environment
Responsible for initiating, planning, scheduling, estimating, forecasting, coordinating, controlling, managing and delivering all activities for projects and related initiatives
Oversee the day-to-day progress with regard to time, budget, scope and quality
Management of full lifecycle from concept to delivery
Create and execute Project Communication plan
Participates in requirements workshops to ensure business requirements are understood and evaluate of deliverables against requirements
Report any gaps, inconsistencies and conflicts between requirements
Evaluate requirements changes and report risks and impact on timelines
Work with agile teams to create agile sprints to meet schedules, accomplish highest priority tasks first and resource tasks appropriately.
Function as Agile Iteration Manager and direct daily activities for project team
Act as participant of facilitator for daily scrum, group estimation, sprint planning, and sprint retrospectives
Day to day project management including task tracking, documentation, prioritization and scheduling
Bachelors degree in an IT or technical discipline or equivalent years of professional experience
Demonstrated strong project/program management skills in technology related field
PgMP or PMP certification desired
• 15+ years of Information Technology professional experience, including at least 10 years in IT project/program management demonstrating increasingly larger efforts and scope of responsibility.
• 2+ years of experience serving as an Agile PM
• Professional experience in an Agile/Scrum framework preferred
• Experience with full project lifecycle management from inception to close
• Experience in client, server and database programming technologies
• Excellent communication skills with business users and technical team
• Experience creating and delivering formal presentations
• Demonstrated excellence in planning, directing, and managing complex IT projects/operations
• Demonstrated leadership attributes (strategic planning, project planning, organizational management, etc.)
• Demonstrated experience with SEI/CMM level 3 or above
• Demonstrated team player
• Demonstrated effective customer relationship management skills.
• Demonstrated excellent organizational skills and personnel/staff management (both direct and indirect) relating to large complex projects
• Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills with strong presentation skills
• Availability to travel (likely not more that 20%)
Experience should demonstrate personal involvement and responsibility in successful accomplishment of enterprise-wide technology project assignments. Project responsibilities should include full range of technology solutions delivery knowledge and skills, including: business requirements gathering, business process reengineering, alternative systems, technology assessment, system configuration, system design, systems integration, system testing, and operational management.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 24 months ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...