This position provides reliability engineering for rotating equipment to improve equipment availability and reduce maintenance costs. Reliability engineering includes reliability analysis and programs, and technical support to maintenance & operations for ongoing plant operations.
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
Minimum 2 year of work related experience.
- Provide engineering, design, analysis, calculations, evaluation, reliability program execution and other reliability engineering tasks for rotating equipment in a refinery atmosphere.
- Perform all work within code compliance, applicable industry specifications, standards and recommended practices, and site specifications and standards.
- Lead/Facilitate root cause failure analysis.
- Utilize advanced reliability techniques (FMEA, Weibull analysis) and act as facilitator in developing solutions to long standing reliability issues.
- Perform life cycle cost analysis on design modification and metallurgy upgrade options to provide recommendations to management.
- Provide technical input to strategies for maintenance, repair, and replacement specifications.
- Identify and implement improvement ideas to improve operational performance, increase availability, and reduce costs.
- Provide technical input to capital project design basis and support to develop project options.
- Identify and resolve process unit run limiters and critical reliability issues.
- Evaluate maintenance cost for rotating equipment and make recommendations for cost reductions.
- Develop and track fixed equipment replacement plans for assigned operating areas.
- Support Operations by responding to reliability needs and emergency situations 24-7-365.
- Support plant turnaround efforts with technical and leadership support.
CITGO Petroleum Corporation - 17 months ago
From the get-go CITGO Petroleum has been refining and marketing petroleum products, including jet fuel, diesel fuel, heating oils, and...