About Ogallala Community Hospital
Ogallala Community Hospital combines tradition and technology in the charming small town of Ogallala, Neb. Our 18-bed facility is at the heart of a well-integrated, total care system from primary care to specialty care and is committed to meeting the health care needs of western Nebraska. Serving a patient population from newborns through geriatric patients, we operate a very busy outpatient clinic as well as a specialty clinic with a variety of visiting specialists, including cardiology, urology, OB/GYN, podiatry, ENT and ophthalmology. Our commitment to compassionate, innovative patient care is evidenced in our receiving the Recognition of Quality Award from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska in 2007, 2008 and 2009. We also provide a uniquely rewarding lifestyle for healthcare professionals. In fact, we are located just a few miles from the shore of beautiful Lake McConaughy, Nebra
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media and is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health and recommend the following options:
Banner's IT Department is currently looking for an IT Fac Desktop Eng for the Ogallala facility with the following preferred skills and qualifications:
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
- Experience working in a healthcare setting
- Certifications such as A+
- Experience in network cable installation and termination. Experience in desktop and printer hardware troubleshooting and repair.
This position administers, maintains and supports the personal productivity and collaboration software in the desktop and mobile computing environments and other end user equipment on the company network. The position is responsible for interfacing with team members within the department, as well as, customers throughout the company in planning, organizing and conducting various project assignments and daily duties.
1. Provides customer support throughout the company on all standard network and collaboration software products and technologies including consultation with customers, installation of equipment, establishing wired and wireless network connectivity, training on computer equipment and software applications, and troubleshooting day to day applications/hardware problems.
2. Provides systems analysis and technical support for all network application services that fall under the categories of email, personal productivity tools, workgroup and collaboration products, and emerging technologies on all desktop hardware platforms. Provides escalation support and serves as a technical resource.
3. Assists with the implementation of new automated application systems in the area of office automation.
4. Performs basic network administration functions (i.e., adding, deleting, and changing user ids; granting rights to access directory files; etc.). Provides report data gathered through remote management and inventory collection systems.
5. Generates needs assessment recommendations thought the appropriate investigation of specific customer and departmental computing needs.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The essential functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Banner Health Leadership will strive to uphold the mission, vision, and values of the organization. They will serve as role models for staff and act in a people-centered, service excellence-focused, and results-oriented manner.
SCOPE AND COMPLEXITY
This position is responsible for systems across multiple departments system-wide and requires interactions at all levels of staff and management.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENT FACTORS
OE - Typical Office Environment: (Accountant, Administrative Assistant, Consultant, Program Manager)
- Requires extensive sitting with periodic standing and walking.
- May be required to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Requires significant use of personal computer, phone and general office equipment.
- Needs adequate visual acuity, ability to grasp and handle objects.
- Needs ability to communicate effectively through reading, writing, and speaking in person or on telephone.
- May require off-site travel
Must possess an associate’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of relevant education, technical, business and healthcare experience.
A+ Certification required on date of hire and maintenance thereafter.
Requires communication, and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires ability to communicate, and interact across facilities and at various levels. . As is typical in this industry, variable shifts and hours and carrying/responding to a pager may be required.
General knowledge of information technology and healthcare is desirable.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner Health - 20 months ago