As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
General Dynamics Information Technology is a top-tier IT integrator that provides information technology, systems engineering and professional services to customers in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, federal civil and commercial sectors. With 16,000 professionals worldwide, the company has the customer knowledge, domain expertise and proven performance to manage large-scale, mission-critical IT programs.
A Senior Systems Engineer is needed to support a 24x7 Security and Network Operations Center (SNOC). The SNOC is a consolidated Network and Security Operations Center (NOC and SOC) which supports network management and information security functions for a large DHS customer in Westminster Colorado. We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer for an enterprise Cisco and ArcSight infrastructure including Cisco Network Intrusion Detection/Prevention System and Cisco ASA firewalls.
The organization is a very fast-paced, changing environment. Superior customer service skills are required. This position requires ability to work independently as well as within groups. Sensitivity to accuracy, timeliness, and professionalism in all areas of support activity is imperative.
• Operations and maintenance of ArcSight (ESM and Logger) including rule and report writing and comprehensive system tuning from feeds and connectors to manager and console.
• Operations and maintenance of Xceedium, Fidelis, Cisco IDS/IPS, Cisco Security Manager, PIX, and ASA in a enterprise environment
• Mentoring of junior Cisco network and security administrators through training, SOP creation and automation.
• On-call and after hours support as necessary to act as Tier 3 escalation point for 24x7 operation
• Firewall audit, tuning and lock down
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
• At least on of the following certification is required (two or more are preferred):
ACSA, CCNP, CCSP, MSCE, CISSP GCFW or other GIAC certifications
• ITIL Foundations required
• ITIL Practitioner required within 3 months
8-10 years of related systems engineering experience. With 4-6 IT years experience with minimum 3 years experience as a firewall or network security engineer
• ArcSight and multi-vendor IDS/IPS experience is a MUST
• In-depth knowledge of Cisco security products is a MUST
• Experience in operating and maintaining Cisco IDS/IPS, PIX and ASA in a enterprise environment
• PERL or other scripting and automation skills
• In-depth understand of ports, protocols, and network traffic analysis as it relates to network security
• Experience using troubleshooting technique including but not limited to; network sniffers, syslog, and the Firewall capture command
• Understanding of information security principles as it relates to systems and network security
• Create formal documentation for systems administration, operations, and maintenance
• Understanding of formal processes for change and release management
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
• Ability to communicate clearly with technical staff as well as less technical colleagues
• Understanding of federal contracting environment a plus
*Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.*
This program requires 24X7X365 operational support; therefore, this position is not shift specific and may require rotation of schedule hours.
An Offer for this position does not stipulate or guarantee a specific schedule or shift.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Standard shift based business work environment. After hours and weekend work may be required. Flexibility to work on a varied shift rotation is expected. The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment. Must be able to lift and carry at least 30-50 lbs.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
Security Clearance Level
Entry on Duty (EOD)
Security Clearance Basis
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...