The Income Tax Accountant will ensure that MWI is compliant in the area of income tax. Compliance will be accomplished through the preparation, research, and filing of tax returns and assiting customers with tax related issues.
Minimum Experience and Education:
- Able to direct or control assigned tax related activities.
- Research and interpret tax statutes and regulations.
- Maintains tax records and prepares schedules and reports for the income tax provision.
- Assist in the preparation and compliance of income taxes.
- Assist in the preparation of accounting entries for the company’s fiscal and period closings.
- Prepare miscellaneous tax returns and assist with compliance of all tax licenses.
- Adhere to all tax reporting due dates.
- Assist the Tax Manager with special projects as requested.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested.
A bachelor’s degree in accounting is required and an emphasis in taxation is preferred. At least 2-4 years of corporate tax experience and in-depth knowledge of GAAP is strongly preferred. The ideal candidate should be proficient with Excel, have the ability to handle multiple tasks, demonstrate critical and analytical thinking and work with databases and manage data.