At Block by Block, we "hire for personality and train for skills." If you enjoy being outdoors, have an outgoing personality, like to smile and have a sincere desire to help others, apply today to join the winning team at Block by Block. Cleaning Ambassadors will provides a high level of visibility at the street level to carry out a wide variety of tasks to improve the overall appearance of the service district they are assigned to.
Manual Litter Collection
Circulate through assigned work zone with a rolling can containing supplies and tools to take care of address the following tasks:
- Removing litter, cigarette butts and other debris on sidewalks, street gutter, and alleys
- Remove graffiti and posters from light posts, trash cans, news boxes and other public infrastructure
- Pull isolated weeds
- Damp wipe and straighten horizontal surfaces, such as trash can lids, news boxes and other infrastructure.
OBSERVE AND REPORT
While on patrol be watchful for unwanted behaviors or criminal activity and report to Safety Ambassadors via two-way radios. Must be able to articulate an accurate description of persons, vehicles, and other similar identifiers.
HOSPITALITY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE
While on patrol will go out of the way to actively acknowledge pedestrians with a friendly greeting or identify visitors in order to provide directions, information, city information or recommendations.
Must be able to provide written reports of broken infrastructure, graffiti on private property, and provide a basic daily report of accomplishments and tasks completed.
Must maintain a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, procedures and overall Block by Block standards of expected professionalism.
- Must have the physical capacity to walk continuously during an eight hour shift, with normal breaks (two fifteen minutes, and one thirty minute meal break).
- Must be able to work outdoors in all conditions with provided inclement weather gear.
Must be able to speak, read, and write the English language in order to create basic reports.
- Health and Dental Insurance
- 6 paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Life Insurance - $20,000 provided free with health care participation. Option to purchase additional at group rates.
- Birthday Pay
- Vision insurance
- Direct Deposit
- Paid Training
- Monetary recognition award programs
- Referral Bonuses
- Weekly Pay
Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
A successful Improvement District understands that a clean, safe and friendly environment sets the stage for growth and prosperity.