CPU Performance Architect
In this position, you will be responsible for the analysis of microprocessor architecture and performance for server systems and driving the performance and design of future implementations. Processor design decisions motivated by performance, power, reliability, system design, cost, software, and other considerations will be evaluated to ensure optimal tradeoffs are made. You will be responsible for developing performance and power simulation models, validating performance of current designs, and conducting experiments and analysis contributing to the architecture and performance of future Intel microprocessors.
The ideal candidate should exhibit behavioral traits that indicate:
- Creative problem solving skills in diverse areas
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Must have a BS, MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience with microprocessor design and/or performance analysis (measurement, modeling simulation techniques and analytics)
- Minimum 5 years experience with processor architecture and micro architecture
- Minimum 5 years experience with programming skills in C/C++, assembly, Perl
- Minimum 5 years experience with software engineering practices for developing tools and micro-benchmarks
- Minimum 5 years experience with computer hardware/software interaction
- Minimum 5 years experience with processor and system performance and power
- 7+ years experience in the above skill sets
USA-Colorado, Fort Collins
Oct 21, 2012
Oct 22, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...