This position reports to the District Sales Manager and has interaction with other commercial sales team members, Operations, applications engineers, and National Account Managers.
The Security Consultant strives to grow an assigned territory maintaining current customer base and to develop new accounts while meeting the objectives of the local branch.
1. Develops new sales opportunities within the assigned territory through the use of multiple lead generation techniques, which include: cold calling, referrals, direct mailings, and other proven methods.
2. Contact all assigned sales leads in the Customer Relationship Management system, Salesforce.com, within 24 hours.
3. Provide timely and effective sales presentations to prospective and current customers to ensure that the product and services offered are thoroughly explained, understood, and ultimately sold.
4. Plan a sales approach designed to determine the prospect’s needs and wants for the product/services offered, and the investment that the prospect is willing to make.
5. Conduct facility surveys to determine the type of systems required, and provide a cost proposal and layout to be used as a basis for the contract and for use by the installation department in completing the job.
6. Exhibit a thorough knowledge of all pricing procedures and strategies to ensure that contract estimates are accurate and will deliver the expected return.
7. Utilize the Commercial Scorecard when meeting with existing customers to identify any positive and/or negative facts about the current state of the customer’s account.
8. On a daily basis, log sales prospects and activity in Salesforce.com. Update customer information, as necessary, and enter information regarding new prospects so that the District Sales Manager can view updated information on a real-time basis.
9. Conduct 5 prescheduled “We Care” appointments on a weekly basis to keep a good rapport with current customers and to identify any operational problems and/or additional needs.
10. Conduct 5 prescheduled “First Appointments” to demonstrate Stanley CSS’ capabilities and provide informational support materials to prospective customers, showcasing the products and services that Stanley CSS offers.
11. Generate a minimum of 5 New Quotes on a weekly basis.
12. Coordinate with all departments to ensure the confidence of the customer is maintained. This is achieved through effective communication with the District Sales Manager and Operations team.
13. Attend required product and application training.
14. Maintain a strong working knowledge of all product and service offerings and have the ability to communicate and sell these systems to customers.
15. Strive to meet and exceed monthly quota assignments.
16. Assist National Account Managers in local site surveys and additional information on local contacts for a prospective and/or current National Account customer.
17. Develop and maintain an individual business plan with local District Sales Manager to identify a roadmap to sales success.
18. Prioritize opportunities in the sales pipeline to focus on customers with the most immediate interest in our products and offerings and develop them into sales.
Education and Experience:
1. Proficient use of the Microsoft Office Suite.
2. Prior use of Salesforce.com a plus or any other CRM system.
3. Ability to work closely with local management.
4. Some college preferred.
5. Prior Industry experience is a plus.
6. Prior Business to Business experience is a plus.
7. Ability to work evenings and/or weekend hours.
Base Salary plus performance incentive, Employee benefits including 401k, medical & dental, insurance.
Stanley Black & Decker - 3 years ago
In the 2013 issue of Forbes Magazine, Stanley Black & Decker ranked 17 out of 150 U.S. companies. Stanley Black & Decker outranked...