Postal/Zip Code: 51334
Tri-State Paving, an Oldcastle Materials Company, was established in 1963 in Estherville, Iowa. TSP has become a critical part of construction paving for Federal, State, County and local Municipalities, with services in both asphalt paving and aggregate production. Currently, Tri-State Paving is one of the most successful construction companies in the Midwest. TSP is an industry leader in asphalt paving, with honors of numerous federal and state awards in both safety and asphalt construction.
Asphalt Paver Operator
Oldcastle Materials Group (OMG)/Midwest Region
December 2, 2013
This is a highly skilled position involving control and operation of the asphalt paving machine.
- Operates asphalt paver machine rubber tired or track type
- Manipulates hand or foot levers to control movements of paving machine that spreads and levels asphaltic concrete on sub-grade of highway and related surfaces such as parking lots, streets, etc., turns hand-wheels to raise or lower screeds, regulates width of creed
- May perform other related duties, such as adding or removing screed extensions, installing or removing automatic devices, grade log or other accessories associated with the machine.
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of the paving industry including preparatory work, grades, drainage, paving patterns, aggregate size, job specifications, oil consistencies, compaction and other details related to asphalt paving.
- The operator is responsible for the efficient working condition of the equipment and is expected to perform minor servicing and maintenance or refer major problems to the supervisor.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- One to two years related asphalt and road construction experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Knowledge in operating heavy construction equipment.
- Knowledge of materials, methods and tools involved in construction and paving.
- Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations and construction sites.
- Knowledge of trenching and shoring standards.
- Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently under a variety of working conditions.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate heavy and complex equipment requiring skill and the exercise of independent judgement.
- Must have valid drivers license
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The position may require sitting for extended periods of time.
- The employee must be able to wrok in all weather conditions.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...