NYC DOC seeks a technician who will be responsible for maintaining critical production, development and QA LINUX (RedHat/Suse) systems. Responsibilities include day-to-day operations support and maintenance. You must be able to generate, install, implement and maintain system-level software packages such as firmware, OS, Clustering, disk and file management, system backup and recovery, web applications, and DNS, as well as programs such as Perl, Shell and secure shell. You will develop, install and maintain utility programs/shell scripts used to manage application start, stop, end-of-day, monitoring and failure/recovery. Weekend and off- hours on-call response is required.
- 5 years experience as a Senior Systems Administrator
- 5 years experience working with Unix/Linux as Systems Administrator
- 2 years experience with HP hardware
- 2 years experience with TCP/IP networking
- 2 years experience as a VMware Administration (vCenter)
- RedHat Certification
- VMware Certification
- Network Analysis and troubleshooting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Paid Sick Time/ Annual Leave
Training and exposure to technologies
Learn, Grow, and Make a Difference! We are located in the Bulova Corporate Center in Queens, convenient to the BQE, Grand Central, and LIE. Our shuttle bus operates to and from the 7/E/F line subway stop nearby.
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder