Appointment Type: Definitions
Student- Work Study(WS)
Working Title (if applicable):
Off Campus Work Study
$10.00 - $12.00
UNM Main Campus (Abq)
This is an off campus work study position located at College Success Network (414 Alvarado SW).
Database administrator will report to the Executive Director. Candidate will work directly with staff and the organization's partners. The duties include the following:
2-20 hours per week
- Support the Executive Director to research information and accurately maintain CSN information and databases (school counselors, college access programs, media, scholarships,?etc.)
- Assist in maintaining a separate student data tracking system (WEST).
- Develop, organize and maintain all of CSN's website databases.
- Work with Web Developer in order to ensure correct and accurate data collection processes across multiple web portals.
- Perform general web server database configurations, as requested.
- Ideally, develop SQL statements to be used with PHP, JSP, ASP.NET, and COLDFUSION.
- Maintain CSN's database users and user rights/privileges.
- Other related duties as requested
Positive, upbeat, and high paced office atmosphere. All staff communicates well and interacts professionally. CSN is located downtown inside the PNM building. A paid parking pass will be provided in a covered structure.
Participation in a weekly staff meeting is recommended, if available. Work schedule will be created to accommodate for academic coursework.
To ensure prompt consideration, all application materials must be received as soon as possible. Qualified applicants are required to apply by submitting 1) a cover letter, 2) a resume, 3) a sample database (see optional below), and a list of three, non-familial references uploaded on the UNM hiring website.
Ideal candidate has strong passion for the College Success Network's mission to increase college completion rates. Candidate must possess outstanding written/verbal communication skills and a professional demeanor. Candidate should be extremely detail oriented, punctual, reliable, and self-motivated. Ideal candidate will have knowledge of MS Excel, Microsoft SQL, MySQL, PHP MyAdmin, Derby, Oracle, and/or other databases. Candidate must be enrolled at UNM and awarded UNM work-study.
For Best Consideration:
Application type required for this position:
Student Employment Application
Additional requirements for this position:
Must have a work study award to be eligible for this position. Please also complete the online customer service training at www.career.unm.edu/scs.
Required Applicant Documents:
Resume Cover Letter Writing Sample
Optional Applicant Documents:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Optional Applicant Documents: One, four table relational database, with CREATE, UPDATE, INSERT and JOIN statements.
Appointment End Date
Position Class URL:
Posting Department Website:
University of New Mexico is committed to promoting and supporting the diversity of our campuses. UNM is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Quicklink for Posting: