Database Administrator 5
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
Northrop Grumman Information Systems is seeking a Database Administrator 5 Team Lead to join our team in Fairfax, VA.
In this position you will work as part of a team and lead a team of 3-5 Oracle DBAs for the Defense Travel System. The selected individual must be willing to provide on-call support and lead a team of DBAs for 24x7 operations, including weekend and late-night maintenance duties. You will be responsible for leading your team and monitoring, performing daily checks, and troubleshooting of the production, testing, and development database environments, performing database backups and recovery as required, capacity planning and performance tuning as it pertains to the Oracle environment. In addition, the candidate will be resolving problems from the production environment and interacting with Testing and Development Divisions to resolve problems and identify system enhancements. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of installing, configuring, upgrading and tuning Oracle 11g running on Solaris and Linux. The candidate should also be familiar with Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN), and have Unix shell scripting, SQL scripting and PL/SQL experience. Experience with DOD and/or GSA database security requirements is a major plus.
- Bachelor's degree with 15 years of hands-on information technology experience.
- Minimum 10 years of Oracle Database Administration experience in Unix/Linux environments
- Minimum 5 years of Oracle SQL or PL/SQL development experience
- Minimum 1.5 years of Oracle Database Team Lead experience
- Must be an Oracle Certified Associate (OCA) or higher certification
- Must hold at least one of the following security certifications: A+, Network+, SSCP , GSEC, Security+, SCNP, CISSP, GSE, CISA, or SCNA
- Must be US Citizen
- Must hold a Top Secret Clearance.
- Must be able to obtain a Government issued Common Access Card (CAC).
- Shift and off-hours support is required; candidate may participate in a rotational on-call schedule
- 2 years experience configuring/maintaining Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) is a plus
- Oracle Certified Professional or Oracle Certified Master certifications a plus
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 16 months ago
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...