MEDICAL RECORDS SPECIALIST
This position is 37.5 hours per week and is eligible for benefits.
The Visiting Nurse Association currently has an opening for a detail-oriented Medical Records Specialist to maintain paper and electronic medical records for Agency clients in a manner consistent with administrative, ethical, legal and regulatory requirements of the Agency.
· Protect the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained
· Perform quality check audits of scanned documents for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with regulations
· Receive physician orders and report incomplete, inaccurate, and/or written changes to the Technical Support Specialists
· Verify physician licensure on an ongoing basis and maintain physician data in VNA clinical database
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor
· High school education plus one to three years of relevant administrative and technical experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired
· Computer literacy with proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Administrative background including recordkeeping and data entry experience
· Ability to work as a team member.
· Familiarity with electronic recordkeeping systems desirable
· Knowledge of medical terminology and HIPAA regulations desired
All Agency Employees are required to carry Automobile Insurance. The minimum requirements for Bodily Injury are $100,000 per person and $300,000 per incident. Proof of Insurance is required upon hire.