Prime Therapeutics LLC (Prime), a thought leader in pharmacy benefit management, is making a difference in the lives of the nearly 17 million members we serve. At Prime, we are committed to improving the health of members while reducing overall health care costs. We are seeking candidates that share this passion for improving the lives of others.
The Market Insights Manager takes a leadership role in creating two-way market insights linkages with key internal and external clients. The manager is responsible for acting as a liaison that provides competitive intelligence and market research in support of Prime’s strategic decision making. The manager researches, analyzes and reports on pharmacy benefit management (PBM) topics, trends, products and services relative to Prime’s performance and the competitive landscape. The manager collaborates closely with sales, client engagement, marketing, product owners, and other functional areas to determine competitive intelligence needs and requirements, as well as create and improve market insights processes and service levels. This individual reports to the director of Market Insights.
- Research and analyze industry and market trends that may impact Prime’s strategic planning and marketing efforts. Work with internal stakeholders to collect data and synthesize findings that summarize potential implications for Prime, its clients, and targeted market segments. Apply themes and findings to various projects and publications, including drug trend reporting, executive advisory council and board-level documents, etc.
- Gather data on competitors and their products, services, marketing and positioning strategies. Maintain living competitor profiles and a repository of competitor information that’s accessible to internal stakeholders. Proactively educate stakeholders on the availability of competitive intelligence findings and resources.
- On a regular basis, convene a market insights council of internal stakeholders to monitor and analyze industry and competitor news with the goals of identifying trends and adding audience perspectives. Facilitate ongoing dialogue with council members and other subject matter experts to determine Prime’s competitive advantages and help strategically position Prime and its clients in the marketplace.
- Manage staff (intern and/or employees) to support with market insights deliverables. Oversee hiring and management of staff performance, workload and project deliverables.
- Proactively monitor, aggregate and communicate competitive and industry-related news and events to internal audiences through daily and/or weekly news feeds and summaries.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (product, client engagement, etc.) by researching and presenting data on the competitive landscape, competitor wins, losses and market messaging.
- Serve as a market insights consultant on industry information sources, research methodologies, and data evaluation and interpretation. Collaborate with internal clients to ensure research, data collection, and project management activities meet the needs of the requestor. Research projects may include primary data collection, including quarterly and annual member surveys.
- Provide market insights support for other projects as needed, including training presentations, requests from clients or executives, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in an analytical and problem solving role.
- Minimum 1 year of leadership experience.
Prime’s fast-paced and dynamic work environment is ideal for proactively addressing the constant changes in the health care industry. Our employees are involved, empowered, and rewarded for their achievements. We value new ideas and work collaboratively to provide the highest quality of care and service to our members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to collect and synthesize complex information, making it relevant, understandable and actionable for internal customers.
- Exceptional critical thinking skills. Demonstrated ability to understand high-level project needs and take a logical approach to planning projects, organizing work and communicating findings.
- Proven research and interviewing abilities. Must be highly detail oriented and able to balance multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Able to effectively interact with employees from all areas of the company.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software with strong PowerPoint skills.
- Master’s degree, management experience and knowledge of the pharmacy benefit or health insurance industries preferred.
If you are looking to advance your career within a growing and team-oriented company, apply to Prime today and start making a difference.
We are proud to be an EOE/AA employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Prime Therapeutics - 3 years ago
Prime Therapeutics (Prime) is a thought leader in pharmacy benefit management. We help clients make smart health care management decisions...