Corpedia , An NYSE Euronext Company and the leader in governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) e-learning and advisory services, currently has an opening for an experienced Sr. Software Developer. The developer will be assisting with the development, support, and maintenance of proprietary enterprise applications using Ruby. The position will be located in downtown Phoenix, AZ at our corporate offices.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Assist with writing and re-writing enterprise-centric applications using Ruby and web application frameworks such as Rails and Sinatra.
· Requirement gathering, modeling, development and deployment in a Unix environment.
· Applying graphical look and feel to application pages.
· Handle new feature and bug requests.
· Conversion and migration of existing application to Ruby-based solution.
· Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field.
· Expert in Ruby, Rails, OO design patterns and unit testing.
· Strong knowledge of PostgreSQL, MySQL or other database technologies.
· Has previously released and maintained web applications in a production environment (Open Source or Corporate)
· Good communication skills with team members and project stakeholders.
· Team player in an agile environment
· Knowledge of working and deploying to UNIX environment
· Familiarity with web template languages such as PHP, JSP or ASP
· Test driven / behavior driven development
NYSE Euronext - 19 months ago