The Information Management and Technology (IMT) is the World Bank’s central function for the provision of information and technology services to the line business units. The unit is charged with supporting the World Bank Group CIO (WBG CIO), and IMTVP in the implementation of the Strategy, which is aligned to the WBG business strategy and reforms agenda. An overarching objective of the Strategy is to ensure that end-users have the information and systems to do their job at HQ or in the Country Offices. The management of most of the end-user IT services, business solutions and the underlying technology infrastructure is centralized with IMT. IMT reports to the WBG CIO and IMTVP, who is responsible for implementation of IMT Strategy, capital investment program and oversight of IMT Functions and Services within the World Bank Group.
The program office under IMTTE together with the resource management team in IMT, have been tasked with assisting the IMTTE Director and Management team in the implementation of IMT Strategy, investment program, and IMT program delivery. The team advises IMTTE management team on budget and program management and reporting that will meet the needs of the line managers and the Office of the IMTTE Director. This includes developing a coordinated approach to governance, sourcing and staffing, risk management, audit compliance, and developing an investment plan for the IMT Delivery program. The position of Business Management Officer in IMTTE will report to a Sr. RM Officer and be expected to have a lead role in the tasks of the IMTGC Portfolio Management (both Capital and Administrative), providing financial oversight across all IMTGC units. Note: A potential candidate has been identified and intends to apply for this position. However, this remains a competitive process and interested candidates are encouraged to apply.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The primary responsibilities of the position will include, but not limited to, a combination of the following:
- Oversee IMTGC Financial Portfolio
- Monitor and report to IMTGC Management progress in the delivery of the FY Program.
- Provide resource use projection, monitoring and analyzing actual vs. plan reporting on project financial management and adjusting budget and projections accordingly;
- Oversee IMTGC Capital Investment Portfolio management process. Collaborate with VPU IT Management in setting project priorities based upon portfolio management information.
- Manage all aspects of the capital investment planning, monitoring process. Responsibilities may span the entire planning life cycle.
- Facilitate interaction with multiple project stakeholders including Functional Teams, Business Partnership Teams, Service Delivery Teams, Business Sponsors, and end-users.
- Manage interaction and coordination of a cross-functional, globally distributed team.
- Assist the business in preparing the ROI calculations and in managing the department IT spend. Monitor and report on the IT project and Operations & Maintenance (O & M) spend. Make recommendations to improve the unit costs.
- Produce and analyze metrics and customized data extracts from system based on user requirements.
- Analyze time, project and resource monitoring to ensure that organization is meeting goals, and that resource allocations are meeting capacity requirements.
- Interface with Senior Management to deliver dashboard report and to determine strategic requirements.
- Provide subject matter expertise support for diagnosing and negotiating problem resolution across the enterprise. Provides guidance to other team members. Recommends the implementation of changes to rectify problems.
- Develop and implement client feedback processes to address client needs and concerns and to improve service.
- Provide guidance on capitalization policies and procedures to project manager/staff and ensure adherence to Bank’s fiduciary policies;
- Support IMTTE’s management team in the IT Governance review process (costing) for IT investments and provide analytical reports as required: gathering financial requirements on projects and preparing the cost estimates of projects using the bank’s capital investment guidelines. Ensure timely submission of project costs to the IT Governance office.
- Minimum Education: MA/MS (In relevant technical discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience. BS/BA is minimum education requirement.) Minimum Years of Relevant Experience: 5 Years
- Preferred 8 years or more in functional position or related work experience education or training
- In-depth knowledge of broad range IT Infrastructure products and problem solving/ troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent organization and planning skills. Approaches work systematically, insisting on clarity of roles, functions, policies, and practices.
- Proven record of setting and accomplishing challenging goals. Defines standards in terms of doing what is appropriate and doing it well. Competes resourcefully and takes calculated risks to achieve results.
- Collaborates with other members of formal and informal groups in the pursuit of common missions, vision, values and mutual goals.
- Uses an understanding of business functions to analyze and propose technical strategies for the business. Assesses benefits, risks, and costs.
- Identifies risks and obstacles to plans. Defines scarcity and conflicts of resource needs, and potential constraints. Investigates risks within various project elements, assesses impact, and develops contingency plans to address major risks.
Information Seeking - Researches organizational and professional trends.
Risk Management - Identifies potential risks and develops preventive plans for procedural activities.
System Development Life Cycle Knowledge (SDLC) - Coordinates required tasks for one or more phases of the SDLC.
Business Function Knowledge - Involves the key players in identifying operating needs, issues and solutions.
Client Orientation - Takes personal responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs, working to remove obstacles that may impede execution or overall success.
Drive for Results - Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results, and has the personal organization to do so.
Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion - Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team's work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
Knowledge, Learning and Communication - Actively seeks knowledge needed to complete assignments and shares knowledge with others, communicating and presenting information in a clear and organized manner.
Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making - Analyzes facts and data to support sound, logical decisions regarding own and others' work.
Collectively known as the World Bank, the International Bank for Reconstruction & Development (IBRD) and its sister organization the...